A stand-alone map with a story? Pay attention - things are more complex than they might first appear. Intrigue, subterfuge, and mystery predominate. An ancient machine tainted with human technology, guarded by a vicious pack of Nihilanthi aliens. There are few answers, but many questions. Will they ever be resolved?
With a plot which links in to MINERVA for Half-Life 2, Someplace Else is possibly one of the stranger single-player Half-Life maps around. Now updated for Steam, with a new splash-screen, detail textures and an icon, you'll never look at Xen in quite the same way again...
- Download Someplace Else - new, updated Steam-compatible version. Full installation instructions are included in the ZIP file. Does not work with Half-Life: Source; requires a copy of the original Half-Life!
- Someplace Else site, with download and links to reviews.
- Ten Four Maps review, giving it their prestigious Gold Award.
- Hammer .RMF sources - feel free to rebuild the map into whatever you like, from Counter-Strike to Sven Co-Op!
- Half-Life High Definition Content - a recommended download for those using modern machines.