- 1: Active
- 16: Only Direct: The tank will only fire if it's target is in direct line of sight.
- 32: Controllable (by player)
- 64: Damage Kick
- 1024: NPC Controllable
- 2048: NPC Set Controller
- 4096: Allow friendlies to hit player
- 32768: Non-solid.
- 131072: Perfect accuracy every 3rd shot at player
- Barrel Volume (barrel_volume)
- Name of a trigger the specifies the volume in which cannisters must be placed.
- Bullets (bullet)
- Ammo type. Be aware that some games will use Ammo type instead.
Literal value Description 0 None 1 Pistol 2 SMG1 3 AR2 (shows pistol/smg1 bullets?) 4 Laser (does nothing)
- Ammo type (ammotype)
- Ammo type. Be aware that some games will use Bullets instead.
Value Description None
Combine Heavy Cannon (Episode 2 autogun)
- Control Volume (control_volume)
- Name of a trigger the player must be inside to control the tank.
- (Team) Master (master)
- Not used for Source. Provided for backwards compatibility with
- Yaw rate (yawrate)
- How fast tank can look left or right.
- Yaw range (yawrange)
- How far tank can turn left or right.
- Yaw tolerance (yawtolerance)
- Additional left-right range. If the gun tries to turn beyond Yaw range + Yaw tolerance, the gun will snap back to the maximum Yaw range.
- Pitch rate (pitchrate)
- How fast tank can look up or down
- Pitch range (pitchrange)
- How far tank can turn up or down
- Pitch tolerance (pitchtolerance)
- Additional up-down range. If the gun tries to turn beyond Pitch range + Pitch tolerance, the gun will snap back to the maximum Pitch range.
- Barrel Length (barrel)
- Solid length of the tank barrel. Any part of the barrel beyond this length may clip through objects.
- Barrel Horizontal (barrely)
- How wide the barrel is, horizontally.}
- Barrel Vertical (barrelz)
- How wide the barrel is, vertically.
- Smoke Sprite (spritesmoke)
- Smoke sprite to emit when gun fires. Bug: Transparency may not work.
- Flash Sprite (spriteflash)
- Flash sprite to emit when gun fires.
- Sprite scale (spritescale)
- Sprite scale for both sprites above.
- Rotate Start Sound (rotatestartsound)
- Sound to play when tank starts to turn.
- Rotate Loop Sound (rotatesound)
- Sound to play when tank is turning.
- Rotate Stop Sound (rotatestopsound)
- Sound to play when tank stops turning.
- Rate of Fire (firerate)
- Number of bullets to fire in a second.
- Damage Per Bullet (bullet_damage)
- How much a single bullet hurts everything except the player. If
0, takes amount from the type of bullet/damage.
- Damage Per Bullet Vs Player (bullet_damage_vs_player)
- How much a single bullet hurts the player only. If
0, takes amount from the type of bullet/damage.
- Firing persistence (persistence)
- How many seconds to keep firing at target's last known position after losing LOS (for NPCs).
- Firing persistence2 (persistence2)
- After Firing persistence is over, how many seconds to periodically fire at target's last known position (for NPCs).
- Bullet accuracy (firespread)
- How accurately the gun can fire.
- 0: Perfect Shot
- 1: Small cone
- 2: Medium cone
- 3: Large cone
- 4: Extra-large cone
- Minimum target range (minRange)
- Minimum range to target something (for NPCs). If a target is closer than this amount, the NPC will probably switch to any weapon they have on them.
- Maximum target range (maxRange)
- Maximum range to target something (for NPCs). Confirm:This may actually be the distance for aim assistance instead?
- Gun Base Attachment (gun_base_attach)
- If Parent is specified, this is the attachment point on the parent to aim from.
- Gun Barrel Attachment (gun_barrel_attach)
- If Parent is specified, this is the attachment point on the parent to fire from. If you specify this, you'll want to specify the Gun Base Attachment too.
- Gun Yaw Pose Param (gun_yaw_pose_param)
- If Parent and Gun Pitch Pose Param are specified, then the gun itself will be invisible and the tank will steer a gun on the parent using the pose parameters.
- Gun Yaw Pose Center (gun_yaw_pose_center)
- The center yaw pose parameter of the gun on the parent.
- Gun Pitch Pose Param (gun_pitch_pose_param)
- If Parent and Gun Yaw Pose Param are specified, then the gun itself will be invisible and the tank will steer a gun on the parent using the pose parameters.
- Gun Pitch Pose Center (gun_pitch_pose_center)
- The center pitch pose parameter of the gun on the parent.
- Ammunition Count (ammo_count)
- Amount of ammo when player is using. -1 = unlimited ammo.
- Lead Target (LeadTarget)
- Aim ahead to hit moving targets (for NPCs).
- NPC Man Point (npc_man_point)
- Point where NPC must stand to use.
- Post-NPC Attack Grace Period (playergraceperiod)
- If specified, NPC's manning this func tank won't fire at the player, after firing at a non-player, for this amount of time.
- Ignore Grace Upto (ignoregraceupto)
- The player grace period is ignored if the player is under this distance from the tank.
- Player Lock Time (playerlocktimebeforefire)
- The tank must be aiming right on the player for this amount of time before it's allowed to fire.
- Effect Handling (effecthandling)
- Produce these sound and particle effects when firing.
- 0: Use Individual Settings.
- 1: AR2
- 2: Combine Cannon
- Minimum Light (_minlight)
- Minimum amount of light to hit this brush. 0 is none, 1 is normal, and 2 is doubled.
- Damage Filter Name (damagefilter)
- When this entity receives damage, it will filter by this entity.
- Render Mode (rendermode)
- Set a non-standard rendering mode on this entity.
- Render FX (renderfx)
- Preset pattern of appearance effects.
- To do: 18-21, 25
- Render FX / Transparency (0 - 255) (renderamt)
- Transparency amount, requires a Render Mode other than Normal. 0 is invisible, 255 is fully visible.
- Render Color (R G B) (rendercolor)
- Color tint.
- Shadow Cast Distance (shadowcastdist)
- Sets how far the entity casts dynamic shadows. 0 means default distance from the
- Shadows (vrad_brush_cast_shadows)
- Determines if this entity will cast lightmap shadows.
- 0: No shadows
- 1: Cast shadows
- Disable Shadows (disableshadows)
- Prevent the entity from creating cheap render-to-texture shadows. Does not affect shadow mapping.
- Disable Receiving Shadows (disablereceiveshadows)
- Prevent the entity from receiving shadows on itself.
- Texture Frame (texframeindex)
- The frame number for any animated textures on this entity.
- Minimum CPU Level (mincpulevel)
- A user with a CPU level lower than this will not see this object rendered in-game. It's unclear how the CPU level is decided, but most systems are classified as "high".
- Maximum CPU Level (maxcpulevel)
- 0: Default
- 1: Low
- 2: Medium
- 3: High
- Minimum GPU Level (mingpulevel)
- Maximum GPU Level (maxgpulevel)
- 0: Default
- 1: Very low
- 2: Low
- 3: Medium
- 4: High
- Minimum Bounding Box Size
- Co-ordinate of the minimum bounding box corner. The bounding box is drawn from this corner to the other one. Requires Bounding Box collisions (solid 2) to be used. Can be used to overwrite the collision shape of a brush, although it can only be a cuboid.
- Maximum Bounding Box Size
- Co-ordinate of the maximum bounding box corner. The bounding box is drawn from this corner to the other one. Requires Bounding Box collisions (solid 2) to be used. Can be used to overwrite the collision shape of a brush, although it can only be a cuboid.
- Method of collision for this entity.
- The classname defines the type of entity. Classnames can be changed using
AddOutput, which will influence how the engine deals with the entity in certain circumstances.
- The name that other entities refer to this entity by.
- Global Entity Name
- Name by which this entity is linked to another entity in a different map. When the player transitions to a new map, entities in the new map with globalnames matching entities in the previous map will have the previous map's state copied over their state.
- Specifies a movement parent. An entity will maintain its initial offset from its parent. An attachment point can be added to the end of the name, separated by a comma. Every entity can be parented, even point entities. Entities which are parented will be forced to transition to the next map, such as from a
trigger_transition. Some entities which aren't intended to be parented may not function correctly.
phys_constraintcan be used as a workaround to parenting.
- Origin (X Y Z)
- The position of this entity's center in the world. Rotating entities typically rotate around their origin.
- Pitch Yaw Roll (X Y Z)
- This entity's orientation in the world. Pitch is rotation around the Y axis, yaw is the rotation around the Z axis, roll is the rotation around the X axis.Note: This works on brush entities, although Hammer doesn't show the new angles.
- Toggles features of an entity, its specific number is determined by the combination of flags added.
- Response Contexts
- Pre-defined response system contexts for this entity. Format is
key:value,key:value,.... Contexts may be filtered.
- Combination of effect flags to use.
- Local Time
- The local time of the entity, independent of the global clock. Used mainly for physics calculations.
- Next Think
- Amount of time before the entity thinks again.
- Hammer ID
- The entity's Hammer ID. Mainly used by plugins and debugging commands, such as
ent_keyvalue. Can be manually assigned with the "hammerid" or "id" keyvalue. Entities spawned at run-time are not assigned any Hammer ID.
- Disable for Xbox 360
- If Yes, disables this entity on the Xbox 360 version of Source.
- Entity Scripts
- Space delimited list of VScript files (without file extension) that are executed after all entities have spawned. The scripts are all executed in the same script scope, later ones overwriting any identical variables and functions.
- Script think function
- Name of a function in this entity's script which will be called automatically every 100 milliseconds (ten times a second) for the duration of the script. It can be used to create timers or to simulate autonomous behavior. The return value (if present) will set the time until the next call. Try to avoid expensive operations in this function, as it may cause performance problems.
- Lag Compensation
- Set to Yes to lag compensate this entity. Should be used very sparingly!
- Turn the tank on.
- Turn the tank off (go dormant).
- How fast to fire (0 = don't fire).
- Set the Damage Per Bullet keyvalue.
- World position (coordinates) that to aim at
- Direction (pitch yaw roll) to aim at.
- "Set the entity I should follow/attack to the closest entity matching this name."[Clarify]
- "Set the entity I should follow/attack to the passed in entity. This requires an output which passes an entity through the output."[Clarify]
- Clear the entity memory of any targets it was told to attack.
- Find a nearby capable NPC to man this tank.
- Start searching for capable NPCs to man this tank.
- Stop searching for capable NPCs to man this tank.
- Force the NPC manning this tank (if any) to leave.
- Set the max range of the tank. Confirm:Maximum distance a shot can go?
- Sets the entity's transparency to a number from 0 (invisible) to 255 (fully visible). Requires the entity to have its Render Mode (rendermode) set to a number other than
- Swaps the rendering order of the entity. Used to attempt to fix sorting problems when rendering, for example an object rendering in front of translucent materials.
- Sets an RGB color for the entity.
- Sets a filter for this entity for when it receives damage.
- Allows the entity to be pushed by damage done to it (usually force amount correlates with the damage done).
- Prevents the entity from being pushed by damage done to it.
- Allows the entity to draw a render target shadow.
- Prevents the entity from drawing a render target shadow.
EF_NODRAWfrom the entity.
EF_NODRAWto the entity. Note that this is different than
- Makes it so that the entity is lit by
- Prevents the entity from being lit by
env_projectedtextures. The shadow made by the texture will still cast.
- Makes the entity be rendered in reflections from water materials using
- Prevents the entity from rendering in fast reflections.
- Removes this entity and any entities parented to it from the world.
- Functions the same as
Kill, although this entity and any entities parented to it are killed on the same frame, being marginally faster than
- Move with this entity. See Entity Hierarchy (parenting).
- Change this entity to attach to a specific attachment point on its parent. The entity will teleport so that the position of its root bone matches that of the attachment. Entities must be parented before being sent this input.
- As above, but without teleporting. The entity retains its position relative to the attachment at the time of the input being received.
- Removes this entity from the the movement hierarchy, leaving it free to move independently.
- Evaluates a keyvalue/output on this entity.
<output name> <targetname>:<inputname>:<parameter>:<delay>:<max times to fire, -1 means infinite>
- Fire the
OnUseroutputs; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- Same as a player invoking +use; may not do anything. Can also be invoked by creating an output that does not specify an input.
This input is not included in Valve's FGDs.
- Dispatches a special effect from the entity's origin. Removed and replaced entirely by the particle system since .
- Dispatches a response to the entity. See Response and Concept.
- Adds to the entity's list of response contexts. Format is
- Remove a context from this entity's list. The name should match the key of an existing context.
- Removes all contexts from this entity's list.
- Execute a VScript file from disk, without file extension. The script contents are merged with the script scope of the receiving entity.
- Execute a string of VScript source code in the scope of the entity receiving the input. String quotation may be needed when fired via console. Bug: In , the code is executed in the script scope of the entity that fires the output, not the one receiving the input.Warning: Never try to pass string parameters to a script function with this input. It will corrupt the VMF structure because of the nested quotation marks, which then must be removed manually with a text editor.
- Execute a VScript function in the scope of the receiving entity.
- Send this entity to a spot in the map. If the entity is parented to something, it will be offset from the parent by this amount.
- Set this entity's angles.
- Fires when the tank fires its bullets.
- Fires when target is newly in range and can be shot.
- Fires when when target goes out of range.
- DO NOT USE. Exists in code, but never coded to fire at any point.
- Fires when an NPC starts to control this tank. Players do NOT fire this input.
- Fires when a Player starts to control this tank. NPCs do NOT fire this input.
- Fires when the NPC controller of the tank stops controlling it. Players do NOT fire this input.
- Fires when the Player controller of the tank stops controlling it. NPCs do NOT fire this input.
- Fires once when the tank spawns, or is done waiting to fire between rounds. Useful for playing a reloading/charging/searching sound possibly.
- These outputs each fire in response to the firing of the like-numbered
FireUser4Input; see User Inputs and Outputs.