Destinations lets you create, share and explore different worlds in VR: photogrammetry scenes, game worlds, or anything else that can be represented by a 3D model.
- Download Destinations - Download Destinations Workshop Tools for free on Steam
- Get Started - Learn the basics of creating a Destination – from creating a floor and a light to adding models and teleport meshes.
- Destinations Checklist - Quick checklist to make sure your Destination is ready for the recently added multiplayer support.
New: Using Destinations Workshop Tools
- Asset Browser - Overview of the Asset Browser - the hub of Destinations Workshop Tools
- Using Hammer - Overview of Hammer - Destinations Workshop Tools's level editor
- Panorama - An overview of using Panorama to create UI
- Importing an Animated Model - Learn how to import a model with animations into Destinations Workshop Tools.
- Triggers, Animation, and Sound - Recreate the Turret Singers Destination and learn how to use triggers, animations, and sound for your own Destinations.
- Adding sound - A guide on adding sounds to your Destination.
New: Creating 3D Environment Destinations
- Converting a SteamVR Environment - Learn how to quickly turn your SteamVR environment into a Destination.
- Basic Construction - Learn the basics of constructing meshes in Hammer
- Model Editor - Learn to create, view, and edit models with the Model Editor
- Materials - Learn how to use the Material Editor to create and edit materials
- Particles - Learn the basics of creating particles with the Particle Editor
Creating Photogrammetry Destinations
- Create a Photogrammetry Destination - Step by step instructions for creating a photogrammetry Destination.
- Advanced Outdoors Photogrammetry - Documents the full cleanup of a near-seamless, fully immersive outdoors scene, including distant geometry and a skydome.
- Advanced Indoors Photogrammetry - Similar to the above, documents the process of creating an indoors scene using the Valve office lobby as an example.
- Photogrammetry tips - Background on the photogrammetry process, as well as tips and tricks for a good capture.
- Updated: Scripting
- Destinations Guides on Steam - further guides, tutorials and articles from the community.
Content included in Destinations to help serve as examples of what can be done:
- English Church - A scene constructed via photogrammetry that has some information about the process we used to create it.
- Mars - Another photogrammetry scene using publicly available photos captured by the Mars Curiosity rover. Raw images were found on NASA's website here: http://mars.nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw/.
- Hammer Examples - A template map that can be copied and modified that has examples of some simple things creators can do using Hammer and the other Source 2 tools.
- Turret Singers - A template map with more examples of using Hammer for triggers, animation and sound.
- Valve Lobby - Visit the Valve office in Bellevue, Washington in Destinations! A photogrammetry scene with information nodes about this lobby space.
- La Pedrera - A scene constructed using photogrammetry from an architectural landmark in Barcelona, Spain.