From Valve Developer Community
This entity will apply velocity to all entities touching it when the input is fired.
- Entity Scripts (vscripts)
<scriptlist>(New with Left 4 Dead 2)
- Space delimited list of VScript files (without file extension) that are executed after all entities have spawned. The scripts are all executed in the same script scope, later ones overwriting any identical variables and functions.
- Script think function (thinkfunction)
<string>(New with Left 4 Dead 2)
- Name of a function in this entity's script which will be called automatically every 100 milliseconds (ten times a second) for the duration of the script. It can be used to create timers or to simulate autonomous behavior. The return value (if present) will set the time until the next call. Note:Try to avoid expensive operations in this function, as it may cause performance problems.
- Origin (X Y Z) (origin)
- The position of this entity's center in the world. Rotating entities typically rotate around their origin.
- Condition to give to the player.
- Impulse Direction (Pitch Yaw Roll)
- Angles indicating the direction to push touching entities. Note:Does not orient relative to parent angles
- Impulse Force
- The amount of force to apply to the touching entities.
- 1 : Clients
- 2 : NPCs
- 4 : Pushables
- 8 : Physics Objects
- 16 : Only player ally NPCs
- 32 : Only clients in vehicles
- 64 : Everything (not including physics debris)
- 512 : Only clients *not* in vehicles
- 1024 : Physics debris
- 2048 : Only NPCs in vehicles (respects player ally flag)
- 4096 : Disallow Bots
- 4096 : Correctly account for object mass (trigger_push used to assume 100Kg) and multiple component physobjs (car, blob...) (New with Alien Swarm)
- Removes this entity and any entities parented to it from the world.
- Functions the same as
Kill, although this entity and any entities parented to it are killed on the same frame, being marginally faster than
- Evaluates a keyvalue/output on this entity. It can be potentially very dangerous, use with care.
<output name> <targetname>:<inputname>:<parameter>:<delay>:<max times to fire, -1 means infinite>
- Fire the
OnUseroutputs; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- Same as a player invoking +use; may not do anything. Can also be invoked by creating an output that does not specify an input.
This input is not included in Valve's FGDs.
<script>(New with Left 4 Dead 2)
- Execute a VScript file from disk, without file extension. The script contents are merged with the script scope of the receiving entity.
<string>(New with Left 4 Dead 2)
- Execute a string of VScript source code in the scope of the entity receiving the input. String quotation may be needed when fired via console. Bug: In , the code is executed in the script scope of the entity that fires the output, not the one receiving the input.Warning: Never try to pass string parameters to a script function with this input. It will corrupt the VMF structure because of the nested quotation marks, which then must be removed manually with a text editor.
<string>(New with Left 4 Dead 2) !FGD
- Execute a VScript function in the scope of the receiving entity.
<coordinates>(New with Alien Swarm) !FGD
- Send this entity to a spot in the map. If the entity is parented to something, it will be offset from the parent by this amount.
<angles>(New with Alien Swarm) !FGD
- Set this entity's angles.
- Enable/disable this entity from performing its task. It might also disappear from view.
- Toggle the enabled/disabled status of this entity.
- Applies impulse to all touching the trigger entities.
- Fired when an entity stops touching this trigger. Only entities that passed this trigger's filters will cause this output to fire. (activator is the exiting entity)
Warning: This includes entities which are deleted while inside the trigger. In this case activator will be invalid.
- Fires when the last entity in the entity's area exits this trigger or when this entity is disabled. Only entities that passed this trigger's filters are considered. (activator is the last exiting entity)
OnTouching(New with Half-Life 2: Episode Two / Source 2007)
OnNotTouching(New with Half-Life 2: Episode Two / Source 2007)
- Fired when the
TouchTestinput is called.
- Fired when an entity starts touching this trigger. The touching entity must pass this trigger's filters to cause this output to fire. (activator is the toucher)
- Fired whenever the trigger is activated. (activator is the activator)
- These outputs each fire in response to the firing of the like-numbered
FireUser4Input; see User Inputs and Outputs.
OnKilled(Only in the Left 4 Dead series)
- This output fires when the entity is killed and removed from the game.