This article is a stub. You can help by adding to it.
Warning: Display title "info_ambient_mob" overrides earlier display title "Info ambient mob".info_ambient_mob is a point entity available in Left 4 Dead 2. It is an universal ambient mob start/end (use with care!). To do: Figure out how the entity works in-game.
- Entity Scripts (vscripts)
<scriptlist>(New with Left 4 Dead 2)
- Space delimited list of VScript files (without file extension) that are executed after all entities have spawned. The scripts are all executed in the same script scope, later ones overwriting any identical variables and functions.
- Script think function (thinkfunction)
<string>(New with Left 4 Dead 2)
- Name of a function in this entity's script which will be called automatically every 100 milliseconds (ten times a second) for the duration of the script. It can be used to create timers or to simulate autonomous behavior. The return value (if present) will set the time until the next call. Note:Try to avoid expensive operations in this function, as it may cause performance problems.
- Removes this entity and any entities parented to it from the world.
- Functions the same as
Kill, although this entity and any entities parented to it are killed on the same frame, being marginally faster than
- Evaluates a keyvalue/output on this entity. It can be potentially very dangerous, use with care.
<output name> <targetname>:<inputname>:<parameter>:<delay>:<max times to fire, -1 means infinite>
- Fire the
OnUseroutputs; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- Same as a player invoking +use; may not do anything. Can also be invoked by creating an output that does not specify an input.
This input is not included in Valve's FGDs.
<script>(New with Left 4 Dead 2)
- Execute a VScript file from disk, without file extension. The script contents are merged with the script scope of the receiving entity.
<string>(New with Left 4 Dead 2)
- Execute a string of VScript source code in the scope of the entity receiving the input. String quotation may be needed when fired via console. Bug: In , the code is executed in the script scope of the entity that fires the output, not the one receiving the input.Warning: Never try to pass string parameters to a script function with this input. It will corrupt the VMF structure because of the nested quotation marks, which then must be removed manually with a text editor.
<string>(New with Left 4 Dead 2) !FGD
- Execute a VScript function in the scope of the receiving entity.
<coordinates>(New with Alien Swarm) !FGD
- Send this entity to a spot in the map. If the entity is parented to something, it will be offset from the parent by this amount.
<angles>(New with Alien Swarm) !FGD
- Set this entity's angles.
- These Outputs each fire in response to the firing of the like-numbered
FireUser4Input; see User Inputs and Outputs.
OnKilled(Only in the Left 4 Dead series)
- This Output fires when the entity is killed and removed from the game.
Uses in official maps
The following maps use info_ambient_mob. Targetnames are not used.
- Located in a secluded area behind the building right after exiting the safe room. It is the area furthest from the bar that has a dynamic pathway in c5m1_waterfront.
- An area of concrete fences unreachable, between the gazebo and the narrow pathway leading to the queuing/quarantine area.
- Facing in the direction of the escape route, way behind the quarantine/queuing area before the gauntlet event. Behind concrete barriers and fences by the weapon spawns along the highway path.
- Behind concrete barriers left of the stairs leading to the park entrance.
- In narrow alleyway from the previous map, right of the building when entering the safe room in c5m1_waterfront.
- In flow towards park, it is in the park to the far left where it is unreachable to survivors. It is square space consisting of walls made out of bush props.
- Right by the park bushes (number 6, above), but unreachable and surrounded by concrete walls.