If you're experiencing an issue not covered in the Source SDK FAQ, try looking for help in the following places:
Additional help on the VDC wiki
- Read the Source SDK Release Notes for information about the current Source SDK release.
- For mapping related problems, you may find your answer in the Level Design FAQ or Category:Level Design.
- For source-code specific issues, refer to the SDK Known Issues List.
- Try reading through answered questions at the Help Desk and the Answered Help Desk Questions page.
- Search for any mention of your problem at either one of these pages: Source SDK Bugs, Source SDK SE2 Bugs, Source SDK Known Issues.
- Reseting your SDK game configuration might help to fix your problem.
- If you still cannot solve your issue, you may wish to reinstall the Source SDK.
Help outside the VDC
- The Source SDK Forums are a great way to help get answers to problems you encounter. Alternatively, check out the older forums (VERC).
- When posting on the support forums, the following pieces of information can be useful:
- What operating system you're using.
- What video card you're using (and in the case of multiple video cards, all of the video cards you're using).
- Which video drivers you're using.
- Anytime compiling or running a map is involved in the problem, provide the complete contents of the Hammer Editor compile process window in your message.
- This information isn't always required, but it can really speed up the problem resolution when all information is available.
Source Modding Communities
Communities such as the Source Modding Community Discord server are a great place to get help with creating mods.