From Valve Developer Community
If you're experiencing an issue not covered in the Source SDK FAQ, try looking for help in the following places:
Additional help on the VDC wiki
- Read the Source SDK Release Notes for information about the current Source SDK release.
- For mapping related problems, you may find your answer in the Level Design FAQ or Category:Level Design.
- For source-code specific issues, refer to the SDK Known Issues List.
- Try reading through answered questions at the Help Desk and the Answered Help Desk Questions page.
- Search for any mention of your problem at either one of these pages: Source SDK Bugs, Source SDK SE2 Bugs, Source SDK Known Issues.
- Reseting your SDK game configuration might help to fix your problem.
- If you still cannot solve your issue, you may wish to reinstall the Source SDK.
Help outside the VDC
- The Source SDK Forums are a great way to help get answers to problems you encounter. Alternatively, check out the older forums (VERC).
- When posting on the support forums, the following pieces of information can be useful:
- What operating system you're using.
- What video card you're using (and in the case of multiple video cards, all of the video cards you're using).
- Which video drivers you're using.
- Anytime compiling or running a map is involved in the problem, provide the complete contents of the Hammer Editor compile process window in your message.
- This information isn't always required, but it can really speed up the problem resolution when all information is available.