This article may contain broken links. These broken links can still be accessed by visiting web.archive.org, and inserting the link into the field provided on that site, then selecting a year that provides the most information on that site.
This is a list of sites relating to programming, covering both general and HL2 specific topics.
- Microsoft Developer Network
- Programmer's Heaven
- Tech books for free
- The Code Project
- Dev Articles
- Code Beach
- Dev Shed Forums
- Stack Overflow - a collaboratively edited question and answer site for programmers
- daniweb - IT Discussion Community - Software Programming with sample code and tutorials
- objectmix - Application Development Forum
- programmingtalk.com - a programming, coding, and design oriented community
- Bytes - IT / Dev Knowledge Shared
- Carl Programming (Reddit) - comprehensive course on programming for everyone from beginner to experienced programmer
- Stanford University's course channel on YouTube
- Massachusetts Institute Of Technology (MIT) course channel on YouTube
- UC Berkeley course channel on YouTube
- University of New South Wales (UNSW) course channel on YouTube
- OpenGL.org - official site for OpenGL information
- NVIDIA Developer Zone - OpenGL, DirectX, PhysX, and CUDA resourses
- AMD Developer Central - Resources for GPU programming and development
- Intel Developer Center
- Rocket Commander Tutorials - 10-Part Howto make 3D Games Tutorial.
- Directx C++ - Documentation for Unmanaged Directx.
- Directx Managed - Documentation for Managed Directx.
- Managed Directx Info - Includes various resources, tools, samples, code snippets for Managed Directx.
- GameProgrammer.org - Resources on OpenGL and DirectX game programming
- Gamedev.net - Website with a lot of useful resources for game developers.
- oZone3D.Net - Tutorials and resources for OpenGL, DirectX and LUA programming
- DevMaster.net - General game development news and coding resouces
- Game Programming Wiki - programming tutorials and source code for a variety of languages and platforms
- Mattie's Eventscripts - Great for gaining some minor coding experience, simple plugin addon for Source games.
- Razvanadrian - Half Life 2 Coding -- REMOVED
- Detler's Site - Lots of Half-Life tutorials, especially on coding in Russian
- design3 Video Tutorials - Many Source videos, including ones on vehicle programming and scripting.
Sample Source Code
- Quake Engine Source Code - Source code from old Quake (used by Half-Life too) and Doom games.
- Mech Commander 2 - Entire game and source code. Can serve as an example for learning programming.
- Plan of Attack Source Code - The entire source code (including art assets) for the Plan of Attack mod, free to use in other mods.
- Full Half-Life SDK: Fileplanet (source code only) / Sourceforge / Gamefront (full / source code only)
- MSDN: Getting Started with Visual C++
- Stroustrup: C++
- Thinking in C++ (2nd Edition)
- CodeCogs - open source Numerical library in C/C++
- ITtoolbox C Languages Knowledge Base
- C++ for you
- CoderSource.net: C++ Programming Tutorials
- Xoax.net C++ Video Tutorials
- Wiki Books: C++ Programming
- An introduction to C, by Tom Torfs
- C++ In Action
- C++: A Dialog
- A Beginners C++