Env poison gas
This is a point entity available in Sin Episodes. It spawns a cloud of gas from a selection of different gas types within its radius of effect, which are only ever used actively once in se1_u4lab01 (U4 Lab - Infiltration) to teach the player of the U4 gas and passively in the background maps as decoration. The U4 gas is also used by the prop_mutagen_barrel entity and antigen by all of the health objects in the game like the prop_antigen_canister. The entity is able to produce four different types of gas:
- U4 is known for its green colour, slows down the world from the player's POV and begins to hurt once the affect bar is full.
- Antigen is normally blue and heals the player over time.
- Radiation is an unused orange gas and damages on a constant rate like if being cut.
- Inert has no effects of any kind and should only ever be used for decoration purposes.
Warning: Be careful with the amount of particles and their spawnrate, as they can decrease performance in heavily detailed scenes
- The targetname that other entities refer to this entity by.
- Gas cloud active on spawn (1: Yes, 0: No).
- Damage per second (DPS) inflicted by this poison.
- Particle Spawn Rate.
- Gas Type
- Type of gas.
- 0: U4
- 1: Antigen
- 2: Radiation
- 3: Inert
- Pitch Yaw Roll (Y Z X)
- This entity's orientation in the world. Pitch is rotation around the Y axis, yaw is the rotation around the Z axis, roll is the rotation around the X axis.
- Turn Gas On.
- Turn Gas Off.
- Set Gas particle spawn rate.
- Turn gas cloud sound on or off.
- Set the color of the gas at start.
- Set the color of the gas at end.
- Evaluates a keyvalue/output on this entity.
<output name> <targetname>:<inputname>:<parameter>:<delay>:<max times to fire, -1 means infinite>
- Fire the
OnUseroutputs; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- Removes this entity and any entities parented to it from the world.
- Functions the same as
Kill, although this entity and any entities parented to it are killed on the same frame, being marginally faster than
- Fires when the
Useinput is given.
- These outputs each fire in response to the firing of the like-numbered
FireUser4Input; see User Inputs and Outputs.