Compiling under VS2003
From Valve Developer Community
The following is a general guide to getting HL2 compiling under VS 2003.
- Open Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003.
- Choose Open Project from the File menu.
- Navigate to the directory where you installed the source code. In our example, it would be C:\MyMod\Src.
- Open the game_sdk.sln file.
- Choose Rebuild Solution from the Build menu.
- Wait for the source code to build. You should now have two DLLs in your C:\Steam\SteamApps\SourceMods\MyMod\bin folder (depending on where your Steam is installed and what name you entered for your mod in the Create a Mod dialog). One is called client.dll and the other is called server.dll.