comp_entity_finder is a internal point entity available in . It is also available in Portal 2: Community Edition. It finds the closest entity of a given type, then outputs various values depending on the keyvalues set.
- Fake targetname, used to determine how containing instances are configured.
- Target Classname
- Classnames of the entity to find. Multiple classnames can be specified seperated by spaces.
- Search Radius
- Radius to search inside, or 0 for infinite.
- Search Field Of View
- The found entity must be within this many degrees of the direction of the finder.
- Search Direction
- If Search FOV is used, the direction to compare to.
- Reference Position
- If set, look for entities close to this entity instead of the comp_entity_finder.
- Search Blacklist
- If set, ignore entities matching this name.
- Teleport Target To Me
- Move the found entity to the location of this entity or that of the reference.
- 0: No
- 1: Yes
- Make Target Unique
- Append a numeric suffix to the target's name to make it unique.
- 0: No
- 1: Yes
- (1, 2, 3, 4) - Mode
- The (first, second, third, fourth) modification to perform. For Replace Outputs, outputs sent to a !name specified in Destination will be switched to point to the found entity.
Note: Additional Keyvalues of these types can be added with SmartEdit off.
- none: None
- const2target: Constant -> Target Ent KV
- const2known: Constant -> Known Ent KV
- known2target: Known Ent KV -> Target Ent KV
- target2known: Target Ent KV -> Known Ent KV
- replacetarget: Replace Outputs
- (1, 2, 3, 4) - Known Entity
- The known entity to access.
- (1, 2, 3, 4) - Source
- Constant value to use or keyvalue name to read from.
- (1, 2, 3, 4) - Destination
- Keyvalue name to write to or !special name to replace.
- Needed to allow Hammer to add outputs to this.