This entity is not in the game by default, but got left over in the FGD.
weapon_paintgun is a point entity available in Portal 2. As explained in the developer commentary, Portal 2 would have originally included a paint gun which could be used to shoot Gel. This would have been similar to the paint gun from Tag: The Power of Paint, which Portal 2's gels were based on. It was cut due to the complexity of switching between weapons to use the gels. While it still exists in the FGD, it was removed from the game itself and can't actually be used.
- Entity Scripts
<scriptlist>(New with Left 4 Dead 2)
- Space delimited list of VScript files (without file extension) that are executed after all entities have spawned. The scripts are all executed in the same script scope, later ones overwriting any identical variables and functions.
- Script think function
<string>(New with Left 4 Dead 2)
- Name of a function in this entity's script which will be called automatically every 100 milliseconds (ten times a second) for the duration of the script. It can be used to create timers or to simulate autonomous behavior. The return value (if present) will set the time until the next call. Note:Try to avoid expensive operations in this function, as it may cause performance problems.
- Pitch Yaw Roll (Y Z X)
- This entity's orientation in the world. Pitch is rotation around the Y axis, yaw is the rotation around the Z axis, roll is the rotation around the X axis.
- Distance at which the prop starts to fade (<0 = use fademaxdist). If 'Screen Space Fade' is selected, this represents the number of pixels wide covered by the prop when it starts to fade.
- End Fade Dist/Pixels
- Maximum distance at which the prop is visible (0 = don't fade out). If 'Screen Space Fade' is selected, this represents the *minimum* number of pixels wide covered by the prop when it fades.
- Fade Scale
- If you specify a fade in the worldspawn, or if the engine is running under dx7, then the engine will forcibly fade out props even if fademindist/fademaxdist isn't specified. This scale factor gives you some control over the fade. Using 0 here turns off the forcible fades.
- 1 : Start Constrained
- 2 : Deny player pickup (reserve for NPC)
- 4 : Not puntable by Gravity Gun
- Fires when an NPC picks up this weapon. (activator is the NPC)
- Fires when the player +uses this weapon. (activator is the player)
- Fires when a player picks up this weapon. (activator is the player)
- Fires when the player 'proves' they've found this weapon. Fires on: Player Touch, +USE pickup, Physcannon pickup, Physcannon punt.
- These Outputs each fire in response to the firing of the like-numbered
FireUser4Input; see User Inputs and Outputs.
OnKilled(Only in the Left 4 Dead series)
- This Output fires when the entity is killed and removed from the game.