WorldGGX is a material shader available in the following Source engine games:
Day of Infamy, Insurgency. It was first introduced in Day of Infamy and back ported to Insurgency. Displacement blending similar to WorldVertexTransition is supported.
env_projectedtextures like the player's flashlight. If the player is allowed to use a flashlight, the best case scenario is to only use this shader on materials in lit up areas.
- Diffuse texture.
- Normal mapping. Bug: Animated bump maps aren't possible as the shader lacks the $bumpframe parameter.
- Color tinting.
- Detail texturing.
- Specular reflections.
- Modulation texture for Displacement blending.
Blend Mapping Parameters
- Blend map to use for specular and parallaxing (if $parallax is 1). Can also take a height map.
- A scalar for the $blendmap(2)'s parallax effect.
- Enabling allows use of $blendmap and $blendmap2.
- Offsets the blend map, default is 0.5.
- Enabling uses the blend map as a height map for a parallax effect.
- Enabling creates ambient occlusion around the parallax effect.
- Multiplier for roughness. To do: More detail, what is roughness?
- Enabling makes use of the luminance to affect the roughness, default is 0. To do: More detail, luminance of the $basetexture?
SurfaceGGX, similar shader used for models.