Source Engine Beta Feature Requests
- Add an interface that allows dynamic loading of soundscript files as well as a manifest file—ts2do 13:56, 14 May 2006 (PDT)
- Fallback to SteamAppId's shared soundcache files if none is provided in a mod—ts2do 13:56, 14 May 2006 (PDT)
- Possible inclusion of EAX 5 support and effects? As I understand it, there is currently no such support in the Source engine.--Zips 23:01, 14 May 2006 (PDT)
- Better sound cache building, without having to go through many console commands to build it correctly. --Amckern 09:19, 16 May 2006 (PDT)
- Like this? --TomEdwards 09:18, 17 May 2006 (PDT)
mat_forcemanagedtextureintohardware has a default value of
1, but will remain set to zero unless you add the relevant command to autoexec.cfg, to force it to every time the game starts. What's up with that? --TomEdwards 02:38, 24 May 2006 (PDT)
- Please bring back free-looking. Nobody cares about bandwidth, VALVe. If people are running SourceTV, chances are they have the bandwidth to spare. Please bring back free-roaming spectating! That cameraman stuff is a neat idea, but come on... don't change a good thing. :D
- Please add an option to select which monitor the game runs on when fullscreen mode is on. I have yet to see any other game/engine allow for this in its settings and it would be a nice selling point to compare your engine to those of others'.
- Please add the feature to exec .res files (open vgui) menues. Much people are waiting on it.