From Valve Developer Community
It is a prop representing one of the two portals.
Warning:In Portal 2, bad placement of a prop_portal will cause the location of the portal to revert to the map's origin. Portals will also revert to the map's origin regardless of placement if set to start active.
Note:In order for a prop_portal to link up to the player's weapon_portalgun, the portal pair ID must be set to 0.
Placement Rules for Portal 2
- Must have its pitch, yaw and roll facing the exact same direction of the surface it's placed on. Use the yellow line in the 2D view and the blue line (Z-axis) in the 3D view as guides to help with this.
- 0-8 units from the surface the portal is to be placed on.
- At least 57 units away from any adjacent surfaces on the top and bottom.
- At least 32 units away from any adjacent surfaces on the sides.
- Is this portal an orange portal?
- Is this portal activated at start?Bug:In Portal 2, this will cause the portal to appear at the world origin.
- Portal pair ID that it belongs to.
- The targetname that other entities refer to this entity by.
- Entity Scripts
<scriptlist>(New with Left 4 Dead 2)
- Space delimited list of VScript files (without file extension) that are executed after all entities have spawned. The scripts are all executed in the same script scope, later ones overwriting any identical variables and functions.
- Script think function
<string>(New with Left 4 Dead 2)
- Name of a function in this entity's script which will be called automatically every 100 milliseconds (ten times a second) for the duration of the script. It can be used to create timers or to simulate autonomous behavior. The return value (if present) will set the time until the next call. Note:Try to avoid expensive operations in this function, as it may cause performance problems.
- Pitch Yaw Roll (Y Z X)
- This entity's orientation in the world. Pitch is rotation around the Y axis, yaw is the rotation around the Z axis, roll is the rotation around the X axis.
- Naming your portals is fun
- Set Activated
- Fizzle and remove
- Sets this portals location and angles. This expects 6 floats with space delimiters, the format is 'x y z pitch yaw roll'
<string>(New with Portal 2)
- Changes the size of the portals. Note that portals only function if they are the same size, and the coloured border remains the same size and proportions.
- Removes this entity from the world.
- Removes this entity and all its children from the world.
- Evaluates a keyvalue/output on this entity. It can be potentially very dangerous, use with care.
<output name> <targetname>:<inputname>:<parameter>:<delay>:<max times to fire, -1 means infinite>
- Fire the
OnUseroutputs; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- Same as a player invoking +use; may not do anything. Can also be invoked by creating an output that does not specify an input.
This input is not included in Valve's FGDs.
<script>(New with Left 4 Dead 2)
- Execute a VScript file from disk, without file extension. The script contents are merged with the script scope of the receiving entity.
<string>(New with Left 4 Dead 2)
- Execute a string of VScript source code in the scope of the entity receiving the input. String quotation may be needed when fired via console. Bug:Warning:Never try to pass string parameters to a script function with this input. It will corrupt the VMF structure because of the nested quotation marks, which then must be removed manually with a text editor.
<string>(New with Left 4 Dead 2) !FGD
- Execute a VScript function in the scope of the receiving entity. Note:This input is missing from some games FGD files.
<origin>(New with Alien Swarm) !FGD
- Set this entity's origin in the map. Note:This input is missing from some games FGD files.
<angles>(New with Alien Swarm) !FGD
- Set this entity's angles in the map. Note:This input is missing from some games FGD files.
- Fired when portal spawns successfully
- These Outputs each fire in response to the firing of the like-numbered
FireUser4Input; see User Inputs and Outputs.
(New with Left 4 Dead)
- This Output fires when the entity is killed and removed from the game.