Ham and Jam
Ham and Jam is a teamplay orientated, first-person WW2 multiplayer game centred around the British and Commonwealth campaigns from 1939-45. Historically accurate missions coupled with careful balance between realistic and enjoyable gameplay makes Ham and Jam a unique experience.
- Commonwealth vs. Axis forces - Britain, Canada, Poland, Australia, New Zealand and other Free armies vs. both German and Italian armies.
- Objective based, historically accurate missions - Actual WWII battles and operations re-created with the same objectives. No random capture-the-flag gameplay.
- Teamwork orientated - Objectives that require more than one player to complete. Points and rewards are only given for completing mission goals.
- Realistic yet un-complicated - Realistic limits on movement and weapon characteristics but not at the sake of gameplay.
Ham and Jam started out as an idea between its two main developers as an alternative to the tired old "U.S./Russia vs. Germany, post June 6th 1944" formulae WW2 games seem to use. Fed-up with everything prior to D-Day being ignored, the North West Europe theatre and the lack of British, Commonwealth, and Free Forces they decided to do something about it...
The goal was clear - to make a WW2 mod that featured all the "missing" bits of WW2 history, portray it in a historically accurate way but without detracting from the fun or playability by overdoing realism. In short the kind of game they and their friends would like to play. Rather than a deathmatch gameplay style, Ham and Jam is all about teamwork as were the real battles. Each map is set-out with objectives and as a team you must fight to complete them to win.
From the start, Ham and Jam has had an interesting development ethos. First of all, there is no real "team", only a few core "leads" and everyone else is a contributor free to add whatever they like. There is no commitment to the mod full time - you can choose to work on it for a month, a week or simply donate a few textures and leave, it's entirely up to you. Those currently working on the mod include:
Front Line Division
- Neil "Jed" Jedrzejewski - Mod founder | Technical lead | Modelling & animation | Coding
- John "Ginger Lord" Crewe - Mod founder | Level design lead
- Mark “TheSurgeon” Edwards - Map maker | Environment models
- Soren “mXed” Norbaek - Weapon and Environment models | Animation
- Lasse “spine” Olsen - Art Lead | Texture & Graphic Design
- Sam “Sam” Murray - Environment models
- Mitchell “Engineer” Keesee - Audio & sound effects
- Stephen “SteveUK” Swires - General coding
Ham and Jam is under constant development but is currently playable and undergoing internal Beta testing.