A func_nobuild entity will restrict an engineer from building in the specific area it contains.
A func_nobuild area should come in contact with the top side of the brush you don't want the engineer to build upon. The func_nobuild should also be at least 96 units high to keep an engineer from bypassing it by jumping above it. Keep in mind that a func_respawnroom entity also blocks an engineer's ability to build and thus a func_nobuild does not have to be placed in the same location as a func_respawnroom.
High ledges present an element a bit different from a standard floor surface. If there is a ledge you do not want an engineer to build upon, the func_nobuild brush should not only be 96 units above the surface, but 96 units below the surface as well, with the func_nobuild brush overlapping the ledge. It should also stick out 96 units from all accessible sides of the ledge. If the ledge is less then 96 units above a larger flat surface, the func_nobuild only needs to touch the top of the surface the ledge is above.
- Entity Scripts
- Space delimited list of VScript files (without file extension) that are executed after all entities have spawned. The scripts are all executed in the same script scope, later ones overwriting any identical variables and functions.
- Script think function
- Name of a function in this entity's script which will be called automatically every 100 milliseconds (ten times a second) for the duration of the script. It can be used to create timers or to simulate autonomous behavior. The return value (if present) will set the time until the next call. Note: Try to avoid expensive operations in this function, as it may cause performance problems.
- Team (TeamNum)
- 0: Any
- 2: Red
- 3: Blue
- Allow Sentries
- Allow or Disallow building sentries.
- Allow Dispensers
- Allow or Disallow building dispensers.
- Allow Teleportres
- Allow or Disallow building teleporters.
- Start Disabled (StartDisabled)
- Stay dormant until activated (probably with the
- Removes this entity from the world.
- Removes this entity and its children from the world. Note: Entities already remove orphaned children upon being removed, but this input removes all children on the same frame, being marginally faster than
- Adds a keyvalue/output to this entity. It can be potentially very dangerous, use with care.
<output name> <targetname>:<inputname>:<parameter>:<delay>:<max times to fire, -1 means infinite>
- Fire the
OnUseroutputs; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- Same as a player invoking +use; may not do anything depending on the entity. Can also be invoked by firing an output that does not specify an input.
- Execute a VScript file from disk, without file extension. The script contents are merged with the script scope of the receiving entity.
- Execute a string of VScript source code in the scope of the entity receiving the input. String quotation may be needed when fired via console. Bug: In , the code is executed in the script scope of the entity that fires the output, not the one receiving the input.Warning: Never try to pass string parameters to a script function with this input. It will corrupt the VMF structure because of the nested quotation marks, which then must be removed manually with a text editor.
- Execute a VScript function in the scope of the receiving entity.
- Send this entity to a spot in the map. If the entity is parented to something, it will be offset from the parent by this amount.
- Set this entity's angles.
- Move with this entity. See Entity Hierarchy (parenting).
- Change this entity to attach to a specific attachment point on its parent. The entity will teleport so that the position of its root bone matches that of the attachment. Entities must be parented before being sent this input.
- As above, but without teleporting. The entity retains its position relative to the attachment at the time of the input being received.
- Removes this entity from the the movement hierarchy, leaving it free to move independently.
- Activates the nobuild zone.
- Deactivates the nobuild zone.
- Toggle the state of the nobuild zone.
- Enable/disable this entity from performing its task. It might also disappear from view.
- These outputs each fire in response to the firing of the like-numbered
FireUser4Input; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- This output fires when the entity is killed and removed from the game.