From Valve Developer Community
- Use Time
- The amount of time player must hold down use, in seconds.
- Use String
- The text/string that appears on the progress bar while the player is holding down use.
- Use Sub-String
- A sub-string that appears below the Use String.
- Glow Entity
- The name of an entity that will get the +use glow for this button.
- Auto-Disable On Time Up
- When the use timer is up, disable the button. (Can be enabled with an input)
- Locked Sound
- Sound played when the player tries to use the button, and fails because it's locked.
- Entity Scripts
- Space delimited list of VScript files (without file extension) that are executed after all entities have spawned. The scripts are all executed in the same script scope, later ones overwriting any identical variables and functions.
- Script think function
- Name of a function in this entity's script which will be called automatically every 100 milliseconds (ten times a second) for the duration of the script. It can be used to create timers or to simulate autonomous behavior. The return value (if present) will set the time until the next call. Note:Try to avoid expensive operations in this function, as it may cause performance problems.
- Origin (X Y Z)
- The position of this entity's center in the world. Rotating entities typically rotate around their origin.
- Render Mode
- Set a non-standard rendering mode on this entity.
- Render FX / Transparency (0 - 255)
- Transparency amount, requires a Render Mode other than Normal. 0 is invisible, 255 is fully visible.
- Render Color (R G B)
- Color tint.
- Disable Receiving Shadows
- Prevent the entity from receiving shadows on itself.
- Render FX
- Preset pattern of appearance effects.
- 2048 : Starts locked
- Lock the button, preventing it from functioning and playing a locked sound.
- Unlock the button, allowing it to function.
- Enable the button, so it glows and can be used.
- Disable the button, so it can't be used and doesn't glow.
- Removes this entity from the world.
- Removes this entity and its children from the world. Note:Entities already remove orphaned children upon being removed, but this input removes all children on the same frame, being marginally faster than
- Adds a keyvalue/output to this entity. It can be potentially very dangerous, use with care.
<output name> <targetname>:<inputname>:<parameter>:<delay>:<max times to fire, -1 means infinite>
- Fire the
OnUseroutputs; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- Same as a player invoking +use; may not do anything depending on the entity. Can also be invoked by firing an output that does not specify an input.
- Execute a VScript file from disk, without file extension. The script contents are merged with the script scope of the receiving entity.
- Execute a string of VScript source code in the scope of the entity receiving the input. String quotation may be needed when fired via console. Bug: In , the code is executed in the script scope of the entity that fires the output, not the one receiving the input.Warning: Never try to pass string parameters to a script function with this input. It will corrupt the VMF structure because of the nested quotation marks, which then must be removed manually with a text editor.
- Execute a VScript function in the scope of the receiving entity.
- Send this entity to a spot in the map. If the entity is parented to something, it will be offset from the parent by this amount.
- Set this entity's angles.
- Move with this entity. See Entity Hierarchy (parenting).
- Change this entity to attach to a specific attachment point on its parent. The entity will teleport so that the position of its root bone matches that of the attachment. Entities must be parented before being sent this input.
- As above, but without teleporting. The entity retains its position relative to the attachment at the time of the input being received.
- Removes this entity from the the movement hierarchy, leaving it free to move independently.
- Sets the entity's transparency to a number from 0 (invisible) to 255 (fully visible). Requires the entity to have its Render Mode (rendermode) set to a number other than
- Sets an RGB color for the entity.
- Fired when the button is pressed.
- Fired when the button is unpressed.
- Fired when the button has been held more than the required amount of time.
- Fired when the button is used while locked.
- These outputs each fire in response to the firing of the like-numbered
FireUser4Input; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- This output fires when the entity is killed and removed from the game.