Some tips to fix common issues.
- Mesh files with missing materials are displayed with a mesh that will glow red.material.
- There can be a few causes for this:
- To fix the issue in model editor make a Material Remap Node
- Go to Model > Add Material Remap
- In the Outliner select the "Material Remap 0" item (it will be under the "Material Remap List" item)
- In the Property Editor select the material to be remapped from the "Search Material" drop down list
- Browse to the replacement material by clicking the magnifying glass icon next to "Replace Material"
- Save the session
- Note: Material remapping is name based. If "temp_material" is remapped, and the mesh is re-exported with a different material assigned,the mapping will have to be removed or set up again.
Collision Hull Is Wrong
Collision hulls are not usually required for most world models in Dota 2.
- By default the tools convexifies the collision geometry. If you have geometry the looks like this:
- Note: In this example I am using the same mesh for the render and physics geometry.
- By default your collision geo will look like this:
- To fix this, and make it match the geometry, select the physics mesh item (found under "Physics Mesh Items" in the Outliner)
- In the Property Editor, uncheck "One Convex Piece" and select "Use Exact Geometry" and Save the session
- Tip: Using exact geometry can be expensive, make sure your collision mesh is well optimized when using this option.