- Detail Textures
- AllocBlock optimization (max textures; dictated by lightmaps, which are always 16 luxels per texel, regardless of texture scale
- "Chrome" textures
- func_wall (actually required for certain texture rendermodes)
- Brush entity rendermodes, WAD texture characters, MDL texture flags
- materials.txt (equivalent to $surfaceprop, but only affects sounds; uses MAT files for additional surface properties, such as debris and decals)
Note:Some limitations to keep in mind:
- While textures do not need to be powers of two, they usually must be multiples of 16.
- MDL textures can be multiples of 8, but dimensions that aren't multiples of 16 can sometimes be buggy. 8x8 textures can be used for single-color model "materials", but it's otherwise better to stick to multiples of 16.
- Textures can be a maximum resolution of 512x512 in the OpenGL renderer.
- The software renderer is limited to 256x256, but it is buggy and frequently is disregarded (targeting OpenGL only).
- Sven Co-op can use textures up to 1024x1024. AllocBlock has been raised from 64 to 512 to compensate.
- In some versions of GoldSrc, the user can set a lower
gl_max_size, which is sometimes unintentionally set to 256. This seems to be broken in the current Half-Life build, however.
Return to the GoldSrc Engine WIKI home for a full list of articles.
This category currently contains no pages or media.