ai_attached_item_manager is a point entity available in Half-Life: Alyx. It attaches items such as ammo clips/mags or health syringes to ragdolls or enemies with attachment points on their models. You can attach items to zombies (not including Jeff, or the blind zombie), barnacles, all types of Combine soldiers, and ragdolls of zombies and Combine.
1. Place down your entity of choice
2. Place an item manager down
3. Link the manager to the entity in the object properties in the "Target(s)" parameter
4. Choose the amount of items to be attached to the entity (up to 4)
- Target(s) (target)
- The name or class name (such as 'zombie_with_items') of an NPC to attach items to.
- Number of Attached Items (num_attached_items)
- The number of items to attach to an NPC, the amount of possible items depends on the number of attach points on the NPC model.
- Item 1 (item_1)
- Class name of the first item attached to entity.
- Item 2 (item_2)
- Class name of the second item attached to entity.
- Item 3 (item_3)
- Class name of the third item attached to entity.
- Item 4 (item_4)
- Class name of the fourth item attached to entity.
- Listen to Entity Spawns (listen_entityspawns)
- Sets whether the item manager will spawn items on enemies or ragdolls that spawn after itself. This has a performance impact so don't turn it on unless you have to (i.e. spawn the item manager with the entity it's attached to.)
- Item Removal Allowed for Ammo Balancing (mark_as_removable)
- Sets whether the item manager will dynamically decide to spawn items on an entity based on the resources the player has.
- The world space origin of the entity.
- The pitch, yaw, roll orientation of the entity.
- The x, y, z scales of the entity. Not all entities can use this.
- Transform Locked
- Lock the transform at its current value, preveting the transform of the node from being modified.
- Force Hidden
- Visually hides the entity from the viewports. The Outliner pane will still list hidden entities.
- Editor Only
- Entity is only displayed in Hammer and will not appear in game.
- Name (targetname)
- The targetname that other entities refer to this entity by.
- Entity Scripts (vscripts)
- Space delimited list of VScript files (without file extension) that are executed after all entities have spawned. The scripts are all executed in the same script scope, later ones overwriting any identical variables and functions.
- Removes this entity from the world.
- Removes this entity and all its children from the world.
- Evaluates a keyvalue/output on this entity. It can be potentially very dangerous, use with care.
<output name> <targetname>:<inputname>:<parameter>:<delay>:<max times to fire, -1 means infinite>
- Fire the
OnUseroutputs; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- Execute a VScript file from disk, without file extension. The script contents are merged with the script scope of the receiving entity.
- Execute a string of VScript source code in the scope of the entity receiving the input.
- Call a script function.
- Calls a script function from this entity's private script scope.
- Calls a script function in the global script scope.
- These Outputs each fire in response to the firing of the like-numbered
FireUser4Input; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- This Output fires when the entity is killed and removed from the game.