From Valve Developer Community
- This feature was specifically added to allow us to make things like fences out of props instead of brush models.
- See also $jointcontents.
$contents "monster" "grate"
- Available content_types are:
- Makes it a grate.
- (Grates are not solid to bullets or line of sight, but solid to everything else.)
- Marks it as an NPC.
- Makes it not solid to anything.
- Makes it solid.
- Solid is the default value, so this parameter is usually used only for the $jointcontents command, to make a solid child of a non-solid parent.
- Makes it a ladder.