- Place it in the lower left corner of where you want the screen and rotate it so that the red axis points which way you want the screen to face.
- You'll need to move it slightly away from the surface it sits on to avoid Z-fighting. 1 unit is enough.
- Images in sub directories will NOT be included.
Adding Slides to Slideshow
- Keywords are added in the vmt like so: "%keywords" "test1, test2, another_sample_keyword, cow, animal"
- AddSlides can be used up to 16 times in succession to add addition slides. So you can add "cow" slides and then add "chicken" slides if you want both cows and chickens to be in the shuffle.
- Slides are first shuffled by keyword. So if you have 400 "cow" slides and 10 "chicken" slides there's still a 1 out of 2 chance that you'll see a chicken. Then if "chicken" is selected for display there's a 1 out of 10 chance that you'll see any specific chicken.
- The same keyword can be added multiple times to weight which slides are more common. So you could add "cow", "cow", "cow", "chicken" and you'll be 3 times more likely to see a cow in the shuffle than a chicken.
- Setting the cycle type to forward will display all the added images in order by keyword (in the order that the keywords were added), then in alphabetical order for each slide in the keyword.
- Display Text
- Text to display on top of the image.
- Image Directory (materials/vgui/...)
- Directory where images are located (materials/vgui/[directory]).
- Min Slide Time
- Minimum amount of random time that a slide is displayed.
- Max Slide Time
- Maximum amount of random time that a slide is displayed.
- Cycle Type
- Order that images are displayed.
- 0 : Random
- 1 : Forward
- 2 : Backward
- No List Repeat
- 0 : Allow List Repeats
- 1 : No List Repeats
- Panel width
- Width of the panel in units.
- Panel height
- Height of the panel in units.
- Entity Scripts
- Space delimited list of VScript files (without file extension) that are executed after all entities have spawned. The scripts are all executed in the same script scope, later ones overwriting any identical variables and functions.
- Script think function
- Name of a function in this entity's script which will be called automatically every 100 milliseconds (ten times a second) for the duration of the script. It can be used to create timers or to simulate autonomous behavior. The return value (if present) will set the time until the next call. Note: Try to avoid expensive operations in this function, as it may cause performance problems.
- Pitch Yaw Roll (Y Z X)
- This entity's orientation in the world. Pitch is rotation around the Y axis, yaw is the rotation around the Z axis, roll is the rotation around the X axis.
- Make slideshow visible.
- Make slideshow invisible.
- Sets the display text.
- Removes all slides from slideshow.
- Adds slides by keyword.
- Sets min random time between slides.
- Sets max random time between slides.
- 0 - random, 1 - forward, 2 - backward
- Sets if lists can be randomly picked twice in a row.
- Removes this entity from the world.
- Removes this entity and its children from the world. Note: Entities already remove orphaned children upon being removed, but this input removes all children on the same frame, being marginally faster than
- Adds a keyvalue/output to this entity. It can be potentially very dangerous, use with care.
<output name> <targetname>:<inputname>:<parameter>:<delay>:<max times to fire, -1 means infinite>
- Fire the
OnUseroutputs; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- Same as a player invoking +use; may not do anything depending on the entity. Can also be invoked by firing an output that does not specify an input.
- Execute a VScript file from disk, without file extension. The script contents are merged with the script scope of the receiving entity.
- Execute a string of VScript source code in the scope of the entity receiving the input. String quotation may be needed when fired via console. Bug: In , the code is executed in the script scope of the entity that fires the output, not the one receiving the input.Warning: Never try to pass string parameters to a script function with this input. It will corrupt the VMF structure because of the nested quotation marks, which then must be removed manually with a text editor.
- Execute a VScript function in the scope of the receiving entity.
- Send this entity to a spot in the map. If the entity is parented to something, it will be offset from the parent by this amount.
- Set this entity's angles.
- Move with this entity. See Entity Hierarchy (parenting).
- Change this entity to attach to a specific attachment point on its parent. The entity will teleport so that the position of its root bone matches that of the attachment. Entities must be parented before being sent this input.
- As above, but without teleporting. The entity retains its position relative to the attachment at the time of the input being received.
- Removes this entity from the the movement hierarchy, leaving it free to move independently.
- These outputs each fire in response to the firing of the like-numbered
FireUser4Input; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- This output fires when the entity is killed and removed from the game.