VGUI HTML Screen In Orange Box
Please read either of the above articles in full, as this article simply provides replacements for a few areas.
Several files need to be added to existing projects.
If you have completed either of the above articles, you will probably be replacing these files.
Everything_SDK - Building the HTML entity
1. Add the following files to the vgui_controls project:
- Note: If you have followed either of the original articles, this file merely needs to be moved.
2. Right click the vgui_controls project, and select Build.
- Warning: Do not select Build Solution, as not all the projects build, and this would leave your mod in an uncompilable state.
Open the Game_HL-200x project, and add the following files to the project:
Client (HL2 or HL2MP) Project
Server (HL2 or HL2MP) Project
One of the game files needs to be modified.
- In the Client (HL2 or HL2MP) project, find and open the vgui_int.cpp file.
- Near the top of the file, locate the line:
- Add a line below this:
- Go to line 159
- Add the following lines:
VPANEL gameParent = enginevgui->GetPanel( PANEL_INGAMESCREENS ); htmlview->Create(gameParent);
- Go down to the next function, and find the line:
- Add the following line:
- Build your solution, and if everything goes fine, you should be able to use the HTML VGUI Screens in the Orange Box.
- Post any issues on the Discussion page, or email me.