From Valve Developer Community
Bug: The HUD will show the waiting for teammate message if the control point is currently disabled.
- Door Name
- Name of the door entity the trigger is attaching to.
- Entity Scripts (vscripts)
<scriptlist>(New with Left 4 Dead 2)
- Space delimited list of VScript files (without file extension) that are executed after all entities have spawned. The scripts are all executed in the same script scope, later ones overwriting any identical variables and functions.
- Script think function (thinkfunction)
<string>(New with Left 4 Dead 2)
- Name of a function in this entity's script which will be called automatically every 100 milliseconds (ten times a second) for the duration of the script. It can be used to create timers or to simulate autonomous behavior. The return value (if present) will set the time until the next call. Note:Try to avoid expensive operations in this function, as it may cause performance problems.
- Start Disabled (StartDisabled)
- Stay dormant until activated (probably with the
- Control point
- Name of the control point this area is linked to.
- Can RED Cap?
- Can RED capture this point?
- Can BLU Cap?
- Can BLU capture this point?
- Number of RED players to cap
- Number of RED players needed to begin capturing this point. If not enough players are present, the point will say "Waiting for teammate."
- Number of BLU players to cap
- Number of BLU players needed to begin capturing this point. If not enough players are present, the point will say "Waiting for teammate."
- RED Spawn Adjust
- Adjust the minimum respawn time for the RED team by this amount (in seconds) when RED captures this point. If the RED team owns this point when BLU captures it, this adjustment is reversed.
- BLU Spawn Adjust
- Adjust the minimum respawn time for the BLU team by this amount (in seconds) when BLU captures this point. If the BLU team owns this point when RED captures it, this adjustment is reversed.
- Time to cap (sec)
- Time to capture this area (in seconds).
- Removes this entity and any entities parented to it from the world.
- Functions the same as
Kill, although this entity and any entities parented to it are killed on the same frame, being marginally faster than
- Evaluates a keyvalue/output on this entity. It can be potentially very dangerous, use with care.
<output name> <targetname>:<inputname>:<parameter>:<delay>:<max times to fire, -1 means infinite>
- Fire the
OnUseroutputs; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- Same as a player invoking +use; may not do anything. Can also be invoked by creating an output that does not specify an input.
This input is not included in Valve's FGDs.
<script>(New with Left 4 Dead 2)
- Execute a VScript file from disk, without file extension. The script contents are merged with the script scope of the receiving entity.
<string>(New with Left 4 Dead 2)
- Execute a string of VScript source code in the scope of the entity receiving the input. String quotation may be needed when fired via console. Bug: In , the code is executed in the script scope of the entity that fires the output, not the one receiving the input.Warning: Never try to pass string parameters to a script function with this input. It will corrupt the VMF structure because of the nested quotation marks, which then must be removed manually with a text editor.
<string>(New with Left 4 Dead 2) !FGD
- Execute a VScript function in the scope of the receiving entity.
<coordinates>(New with Alien Swarm) !FGD
- Send this entity to a spot in the map. If the entity is parented to something, it will be offset from the parent by this amount.
<angles>(New with Alien Swarm) !FGD
- Set this entity's angles.
- Enable/disable this entity from performing its task. It might also disappear from view.
- <integer> Changes the entity's team.
- <string> Set whether a specific team is allowed to capture this point. Format is: <team number> <(0/1)>. i.e. '2 0' would prevent RED from capturing this point, whereas '3 1' would allow BLU to cap it.
- These Outputs each fire in response to the firing of the like-numbered
FireUser4Input; see User Inputs and Outputs.
OnKilled(Only in the Left 4 Dead series)
- This Output fires when the entity is killed and removed from the game.
- Sent when RED start capture.
- Sent when a RED capture is broken. Note that the capture progress on a point must be completely drained for the capture to be considered broken.
- Sent when RED captures.
- Sent when BLU start capture.
- Sent when a BLU capture is broken.
- Sent when BLU captures.
- Sent when either team starts capture.
- Sent when either team breaks capture.
- Sent when either team captures.
- Sent when the number of people in the capture area changes. The output value is the number of capturing players. To do: What about no players and blocking players?