Template talk:KV BaseNPC
From Valve Developer Community
Yo yo yo! Why the hell aren't there the true names of the values anymore? Not everybody uses smart edit! Can somebody tell me why the hell this is happening?
- Not everybody uses SmartEdit, but almost everybody. Why not turn it back on again? --TomEdwards 18:05, 7 August 2009 (UTC)
- One can't just write down the names it shows in the smart edit for things like FDG's, or map entity edit files. I don't think most people would open hammer just for that when a web browser uses much less ram and doesn't crash as often. Granted, on the PC I'm on right now, Firefox crashes more than Hammer, which is sad, but hey! Why remove the old names anyhow?
- And how the crap do you manage to throw down the exact date and time where you post?
- You get the timestamp with the signature button (), second from last on the row along the top of the edit box. Yeah, it's a crappy system but they're changing it. :)
- Anyway, people editing FGDs and entity lumps was something discussed. But people doing these tasks are just too few to justify the confusion caused to everyone else by listing raw names on this site. You can always open the FGDs and read the names directly, and if you find them hard to parse there's syntax highlighting available. --TomEdwards 09:31, 8 August 2009 (UTC)
- Damn. So no chance, eh, unless somebody can figure out a style switcher, kinda like SmartEdit works? --TheUltimateJosh 22:44, 9 August 2009 (UTC)