Template:KV func brush
From Valve Developer Community
- Minimum Light Level
- The minimum level of ambient light that hits this brush.
- Used to control the solidity/collision of these brushes.
- 0: Toggle - The solidity can be toggled together with its visibility.
- 1: Never Solid
- 2: Always Solid
- Solid BSP
- Set this if this brush is in hierarchy with a moving object of some kind, and the player can stand on this brush.
- NPC class excluded from collisions
- If an NPC classname (i.e. npc_zombie) is specified here, NPCs of that type won't collide with these brushes.
- Invert NPC class exclusion
- If set, then the excluded NPC class will consider this brush solid, and all other NPC classes will consider it non-solid.
- Configures whether this brush casts lightmap shadows.
- Start Disabled (StartDisabled)
- Stay dormant until activated (probably with the
Enableinput).Tip:If Solidity is Toggle, disabling func_brush also makes it non-solid.
- Origin (X Y Z)
- The position of this entity's center in the world. Rotating entities typically rotate around their origin.
- Disable shadows (disableshadows)
- Prevent the entity from creating cheap render-to-texture shadows. Does not affect shadow mapping.
- Disable ShadowDepth (disableshadowdepth)
<boolean>(New with Portal 2)
- Used to disable rendering into shadow depth (for projected textures) for this entity.
- Projected Texture Cache (shadowdepthnocache)
<choices>(New with Portal 2)
- Used to hint projected texture system whether it is sufficient to cache shadow volume of this entity or to force render it every frame instead.
- 0 : Default
- 1 : No cache - render every frame
- 2 : Cache it - render only once
- Parent (parentname)
- Specifies a movement parent. An entity will maintain its initial offset from its parent. An attachment point can be added to the end of the name, separated by a comma.
Warning: In , parenting this entity to another can break your map.
- Render Mode (rendermode)
- Set a non-standard rendering mode on this entity.
- Render FX / Transparency (0 - 255) (renderamt)
- Transparency amount, requires a Render Mode other than Normal. 0 is invisible, 255 is fully visible.
- Render Color (R G B) (rendercolor)
- Color tint.
- Disable Receiving Shadows (disablereceiveshadows)
- Prevent the entity from receiving shadows on itself.
- Render FX (renderfx)
- Preset pattern of appearance effects.
- Global Entity Name
- Name by which this entity is linked to another entity in a different map. When the player transitions to a new map, entities in the new map with globalnames matching entities in the previous map will have the previous map's state copied over their state.
- Entity Scripts
<scriptlist>(New with Left 4 Dead 2)
- Space delimited list of VScript files (without file extension) that are executed after all entities have spawned. The scripts are all executed in the same script scope, later ones overwriting any identical variables and functions.
- Script think function
<string>(New with Left 4 Dead 2)
- Name of a function in this entity's script which will be called automatically every 100 milliseconds (ten times a second) for the duration of the script. It can be used to create timers or to simulate autonomous behavior. The return value (if present) will set the time until the next call. Note:Try to avoid expensive operations in this function, as it may cause performance problems.