Template:KV Source 2 Light
From Valve Developer Community
- Enabled (enabled)
- Sets the initial on/off state of the light.
- Color (color)
- The RGB color of the light.
- Brightness (brightness)
- The brightness of the light. The value can be increased over 1.0
- Range (range)
- Distance range for light. 0 : infinite.
- Cast Shadows (castshadows)
- Whether this light casts shadow.
- 0: No
- 1: Yes
- 2: Baked Only
- Shadow Near Clip Plane (nearclipplane)
- Distance in game units for near clip plane for shadow map.
- Appearance (style)
- Various Custom Appearance presets.
Light Appearances Literal Value Description Sequence Preview 0 Normal
10 Fluorescent flicker
2 Slow, strong pulse
11 Slow pulse, noblack
5 Gentle pulse
1 Flicker A
6 Flicker B
3 Candle A
7 Candle B
8 Candle C
4 Fast strobe
9 Slow strobe
12 !FGD Underwater light mutation
- Custom Appearance (pattern)
- Set a custom pattern of light brightness for this light. Pattern format is a string of characters, where 'a' is total darkness, 'z' fully bright. i.e. 'aaggnnttzz' would be a steppy fade in from dark to light.
- Start Fade Dist (fademindist)
- Distance at which the light starts to fade (<0 : use fademaxdist).
- End Fade Dist (fademaxdist)
- Maximum distance at which the light is visible (0 : don't fade out).
- Render to Cubemaps (rendertocubemaps)
- If true, this geometry renders into baked cube maps
- Priority (priority)
- When the number of visible lights exceeds the rendering budget, higher priority lights are chosen for rendering first.
- Indirect Light Multiplier (bouncescale)
- Multiplies the brightness of light bouncing of surfaces.
- Render Diffuse (renderdiffuse)
- Toggles baking and rendering of diffuse lighting (per-pixel, lightmaps,light probe volumes and bounced light on cubemaps).
- Render Specular (renderspecular)
- Controls rendering of direct specular highlights.
- 0: Off
- 1: On - Render in real-time.
- 2: Bake into cubemaps (Source 1 behavior)
- Enabled (directlight)
- How direct lighting should be represented.
- 0: None
- 1: Baked
- 2: Per-Pixel
- 3: Mixed To do: possibly deprecated
- Enabled (indirectlight)
- How indirect lighting should be represented.
- 0: None
- 1: Baked