Talk:Releasing a Map
There's a fair bit that could be done to tidy up this article.
- There are a lot of articles that could be linked in. Stuff about compiler errors, cube maps, etc etc.
- Some linking to/discussion of information about single-player related issues seems desirable.
Giles 02:09, 14 Mar 2006 (PST)
- This needs to be a more user firendly guid rather than a checklist. It needs paragraphs and sentence structure. I'll see if I can grab some time to do ti but I'm geting slammed at work.
Would a short section on the whys and hows of getting your file served with BitTorrent be helpful? --Adiabatic 00:21, 11 Mar 2006 (PST)
- Yes—ts2do 11:41, 11 Mar 2006 (PST)
- Don't forget Das FileGoatMatic®, the gloriously rubbish load-balancing mirror system being used on the MINERVA website. It's chucked out nearly 30,000 downloads for Metastasis 2 so far, and total bandwidth consumption for my website for this month so far? 1.5GB, and most of that was test builds for playtesters. I'd be happy to release the source code for other people to use, but they have to remember it was written in an afternoon... ;-) —Cargo Cult (info, talk) 11:48, 11 Mar 2006 (PST)
Testing with Bots
For CS:S, balance testing with bots should be done in the very early stages of your map. It is very strange to do this right before release. I think this suggestion should be removed.
--Cipher 09:08, 16 Aug 2006 (PDT)
For multiplayer games like tf2, when people can create a server, they have a long list of maps to choose from. If you create a map, how do you get it on that list?--Fire Tock 20:47, 13 Sep 2008 (PDT)
- Dang dude you're just asking all kinds of questions! You should look around the VDC a bit more before asking us everything, you may find what you're looking for!--Gear 11:55, 14 Sep 2008 (PDT)
- meh. Ive been testing things with hammer for a while. But now i'm trying to makea n actual working map and i want to know how everything works. But my main question is how to find tf_arena or whatever th at is, its the last thing i need.--Fire Tock 20:37, 14 Sep 2008 (PDT)