Talk:Ravenholm: The Lost Chapter
if you've had a chance to play this, lemme know what you think. thanks. --Bean
- The mapping feels a bit square...the atmosphere isn't very convincing...but otherwise it's been great so far—ts2do 11:59, 9 Jun 2006 (PDT)
It's absolutely terrible. Surely you can do better. - --CeeJay.dk 09:46, 26 Jun 2006 (PDT)
Actually it is one of the best SP-Mods for Half-Life 2 I have played so far and I gave all of those, that appear on this Wiki's list a try. Good use of loops, new dialogues, nice atmosphere and music. Also the size of the map was big enough. Though, there were some parts that took me a while to figure, including savegame reloads, as e.g. in the first room I was fooling around with the oil barrels before I noticed that they were neccessary in order to proceed. Overall, most flaws I found are quite small. --el Presidente 12:44, 15 Apr 2007 (CET)
The gameplay is okay; the real bugger is the map is made by a amathur to mapping. Like most SP mods. That's the issue I'm addressing in my mod. --Sortie 06:00, 16 Apr 2007 (PDT)
- Since you wanted input, I'll give it, even though it's been around five years since this was released.
- Mapping - You aren't a bad mapper, but this mod needs more visual cues and other subtle hints to allow steady flow. There were times where I'd pull a lever and just stand there and look around, wondering what the hell I did. It also needs more "gates", a term Valve uses to breakup linear maps and force players to complete puzzles before continuing. Also, if you're going to have a lever that looks like all other useable levers but serves no purpose, at least give it a sound that it's locked when players attempt to +use it so they know nothing in the game is broke.
- Scripts - Most of the vcd files come up missing. The scene where I entered a room that the female rebel unlocked, she wouldn't let me out, so I had to noclip out just to continue.
- Story - dry, no obtainable objectives, no goal to achieve, no nothing. And the ending sucked. Sorry :P
--Mattshu 04:30, 11 February 2011 (UTC)