Recording new dialog
You can record your own dialog, and then extract its phonemes to create a preliminary lip-sync animation, which you can then manually refine.
To record dialog:
- Make sure your microphone is turned on and working.
- Click somewhere in the Clip Editor to give it focus.
- Move the playhead to where you want the dialog to start.
- Press to start recording your audio.
- Say your lines of dialog.
- Press again to stop the recording.
Your dialog will be recorded into the Dialog track. If the Dialog track doesn't exist, the SFM will create one for you inside the Sound track group (and if the Sound track group doesn't exist, the SFM will create that for you too).