Position Along Path Sequential
The Position Along Path Sequential initializer causes particles to spawn at points along a straight line between two control points.
- Operator fade/oscillate
- No effect
- Start control point number
- End control point number
- The two CPs to form a path between.
- Particles to map from start to end
- How many particles are needed to complete the path. Defines particle density.
- Mid point position
- Normalised percentage. The position on either side of which there should be an equal number of particles. Note: If this value is > 1 or < -1, the path will 'hairpin' past its natural extents to squeeze the extra particles in, which unless you are using bulge is ugly and confusing.
- Maximum distance
- How far from its ordinary location each particle is allowed to spawn.
- Restart behavior
- What should happen when the end of the path has been reached but there are still particles to spawn.
- 0 - Bounce
- Reverse direction
- 1 - Loop
- Start again at the first CP. Doesn't work properly with render_rope.
- The maximum distance from a straight line that the path can deviate. Bulging creates a smooth curve in the path.
- Bulge control
- The manner in which bulge is calculated.
- 0 - Random
- Bulge in any direction and peak anywhere. Bulge distance interpreted as units.
- 1 - Orientation of start CP
- 2 - Orientation of end CP
- Bulge along the +X axis of the CP, peaking at the specified midpoint. Bulge distance interpreted as proportion of path length.