From Valve Developer Community
phys_magnetis a point entity available in all Source games. It acts like a magnet, attaching metallic physics objects to itself when they touch it.
Warning: If a prop model is not specified for this entity, the map will crash with a
memory could not be 'read' error.
- Force Limit to Break (lbs)
- The amount of force necessary to break a stuck object off the magnet. A way of calculating this is to set it to the mass of an object that would break this constraint if it were resting on the magnet.
- Torque Limit to Break (lbs * distance)
- The amount of torque necessary to break a stuck object off the magnet. A way of calculating this is to multiply any reference mass by the resting distance (from the center of mass of the object) needed to break the constraint.
- Mass Scale
- A scale multiplier for the object's mass.
- Override parameters
- A list of physics key/value pairs that are usually in a physics prop .qc file. Format is 'key,value,key,value,etc'.
- Maximum Attached Objects
- The maximum number of physics objects that can be stuck to the magnet at once. 0 = no limit.
- Entity Scripts
- Space delimited list of VScript files (without file extension) that are executed after all entities have spawned. The scripts are all executed in the same script scope, later ones overwriting any identical variables and functions.
- Script think function
- Name of a function in this entity's script which will be called automatically every 100 milliseconds (ten times a second) for the duration of the script. It can be used to create timers or to simulate autonomous behavior. The return value (if present) will set the time until the next call. Note:Try to avoid expensive operations in this function, as it may cause performance problems.
- Pitch Yaw Roll (Y Z X) (angles)
- This entity's orientation in the world. Pitch is rotation around the Y axis, yaw is the rotation around the Z axis, roll is the rotation around the X axis.
- World Model (model)
- The model this entity should appear as. 128-character limit.
- Skin (skin)
- Some models have multiple skins. This value selects from the index, starting with 0. Tip:Hammer's model browser automatically updates this value if you use it to view different skins.
- Model Scale (modelscale)
<float>(Only in Source 2013)
- A multiplier for the size of the model.
- Disable Shadows (disableshadows)
- Prevents the entity from creating cheap render-to-texture shadows, or lightmap shadows if the entity is a
prop_static. Does not affect shadow mapping.
- Disable ShadowDepth (disableshadowdepth)
<boolean>(New with Portal 2)
- Used to disable rendering into shadow depth (for projected textures) for this entity.
- Projected Texture Cache (shadowdepthnocache)
<choices>(New with Portal 2)
- Used to hint projected texture system whether it is sufficient to cache shadow volume of this entity or to force render it every frame instead.
- 0 : Default
- 1 : No cache - render every frame
- 2 : Cache it - render only once
- Render in Fast Reflections (drawinfastreflection)
<boolean>(New with Portal 2)
- If enabled, this entity will render in fast water reflections (i.e. when a water material specifies
$reflectonlymarkedentities) and in the world impostor pass.
- 1 : Start Asleep
- 2 : Motion Disabled
- 4 : Suck On Touch
- 8 : Allow Attached Rotation
- 16 : Coast jeep pickup hack - Used on
d2_coast_01to prevent objects from interfering with the crane as it picks up the buggy. It is hardcoded for use with
Note:Another entity can be used by changing the entity's
prop_vehicle_jeepusing AddOutput. However, if the game is saved/reloaded or the round restarts in multiplayer, the entity will no longer function and will cause crashes.
- Turn the magnet on.
- The the magnet off. This will detach anything current stuck to the magnet.
- Removes this entity from the world.
- Removes this entity and its children from the world. Note:Entities already remove orphaned children upon being removed, but this input removes all children on the same frame, being marginally faster than
- Adds a keyvalue/output to this entity. It can be potentially very dangerous, use with care.
<output name> <targetname>:<inputname>:<parameter>:<delay>:<max times to fire, -1 means infinite>
- Fire the
OnUseroutputs; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- Same as a player invoking +use; may not do anything depending on the entity. Can also be invoked by firing an output that does not specify an input.
- Execute a VScript file from disk, without file extension. The script contents are merged with the script scope of the receiving entity.
- Execute a string of VScript source code in the scope of the entity receiving the input. String quotation may be needed when fired via console. Bug: In , the code is executed in the script scope of the entity that fires the output, not the one receiving the input.Warning: Never try to pass string parameters to a script function with this input. It will corrupt the VMF structure because of the nested quotation marks, which then must be removed manually with a text editor.
- Execute a VScript function in the scope of the receiving entity.
- Send this entity to a spot in the map. If the entity is parented to something, it will be offset from the parent by this amount.
- Set this entity's angles.
- Move with this entity. See Entity Hierarchy (parenting).
- Change this entity to attach to a specific attachment point on its parent. The entity will teleport so that the position of its root bone matches that of the attachment. Entities must be parented before being sent this input.
- As above, but without teleporting. The entity retains its position relative to the attachment at the time of the input being received.
- Removes this entity from the the movement hierarchy, leaving it free to move independently.
- Changes the model's skin to the specified number.
- Set the model's body group.
- Uses an alternative method for telling which objects are in front of others. Use if this object draws incorrectly when seen through transparent things.
- Sets the model scale. Takes two values separated by a space. The first is the target model scale. The second value is the number of seconds the change in scale will be spread over. If there is no second value, the model will scale instantly. Warning: Negative or extremely high values can cause crashes!
- Turn dynamic shadows off for this entity.
- Turn dynamic shadows on for this entity.
DisableReceivingFlashlight(New with Portal 2)
- This object will not receive light or shadows from projected textures.
EnableReceivingFlashlight(New with Portal 2)
- This object may receive light or shadows from projected textures.
DisableDrawInFastReflection(New with Portal 2)
- Turns off rendering of this entity in reflections when using
$reflectonlymarkedentitiesin water material.
EnableDrawInFastReflection(New with Portal 2)
- Turn on rendering of this entity in reflections when using
$reflectonlymarkedentitiesin water material.
DisableDraw(New with Portal 2)
- Add the EF_NODRAW flag to this entity. Some entities manage this on their own so be aware you can override that value.
EnableDraw(New with Portal 2)
- Remove the EF_NODRAW flag from this entity. Some entities manage this on their own so be aware you can override that value.
- Fired when an entity is grabbed by the magnet.
- Fired when an entity is released by the magnet.
- These outputs each fire in response to the firing of the like-numbered
FireUser4Input; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- This output fires when the entity is killed and removed from the game.
- Fired when this object catches fire.