Sound and Music Composition
From Valve Developer Community
Commercial Software Packages
- Pro Tools The industry standard for all audio production
- FLStudio (Formerly known as Fruity Loops) is a complex yet fairly easy to use package
- Orion Similar to FLStudio, but more easily accessible for newcomers.
- Steinberg Cubase
- Sound Forge audio editor
- ACID loop-based production
- Adobe Audition Record, Mix, Edit and Master Program
- Reason Music Sequencer, includes Synths (with many sound patches), Loops, Samplers,Mixers,Effects, and more!
- Audacity audio editor for PC, Mac, and Linux
- Goldwave audio editing
- LMMS (free) alternative to FL Studio! Don't let the name fool you, there's an installer for Windows available (Linux Multi Media Studio)
- Wavosaur free audio editor great for sound looping (Only available for Windows PC)
- Anvil Studio a free MIDI Sequencer. Windows Only.
- SynthFont a free SoundFont-based MIDI player - regardless if you own a SoundBlaster Card - Supports WAV exports (per-track, and as whole audio), and support for VST Instruments