light_spot is a point entity available in all GoldSource engine games.
A cone-shaped, invisible light source. Can be turned on and off through targets, though switchable lights may cause lightmap errors. This is a static spotlight that can be pointed at another entity.
<color255 + int>
- The RGB color and brightness of the light. Colors must be between 0 and 255; brightness can be anything.
- 0 : Normal
- 10 : Flourescent Flicker
- 2 : Slow, strong pulse
- 11 : Slow pulse, noblack
- 5 : Gentle pulse
- 1 : Flicker A
- 6 : Flicker B
- 3 : Candle A
- 7 : Candle B
- 8 : Candle C
- 4 : Fast strobe
- 9 : Slow strobe
- Custom Appearance
- A string of characters, like a sequence of piano keys, that define a pattern of brightness. a is dark and z is full intensity. Applies only to lights with a targetname.
- Inner (bright) angle
- The angles of the inner spotlight beam.
- Outer (fading) angle
- The angles of the outer spotlight beam.
- Is Sky
- Whether or not this light should be used as sunlight cast from sky brushes. Identical to light_environment.
- 0 : No
- 1 : Yes
- The name of an entity in the map that the spotlight will point at. This will override the spotlight's angles.
- Pitch Yaw Roll (Y Z X) (angles)
- This entity's orientation in the world. Pitch is rotation around the Y axis, yaw is the rotation around the Z axis, roll is the rotation around the X axis.
- Overrides the pitch value in Angles, even if left at 0, so it needs to be specified. Contrary to Angles, the rotation of this pitch is measured counter-clockwise from the horizontal, so that 90 is straight up, while -90 is straight down. (It's simply the negative of a normal pitch value.)
- 1 : Initially dark