info_node_air_hint is a point entity available in all Source games.
A nodegraph and hint node for Flying NPCs that includes some context information for NPCs that are interested in it. The hint might indicate a window that could be looked into, or an item of interest that could be commented on. Many hint types are NPC-specific, so it's helpful to use naming conventions like 'Crow: Fly to point' in the hint choices list. The angles of a hint node indicate what direction the NPC should face to perform the hint behavior.
Identical to info_node_hint but used for airborne NPCs.
- Confirm:Ensure this much height from the ground?
- Pitch Yaw Roll (Y Z X)
- This entity's orientation in the world. Pitch is rotation around the Y axis, yaw is the rotation around the Z axis, roll is the rotation around the X axis.
- Entity Scripts
- Space delimited list of VScript files (without file extension) that are executed after all entities have spawned. The scripts are all executed in the same script scope, later ones overwriting any identical variables and functions.
- Script think function
- Name of a function in this entity's script which will be called automatically every 100 milliseconds (ten times a second) for the duration of the script. It can be used to create timers or to simulate autonomous behavior. The return value (if present) will set the time until the next call. Note: Try to avoid expensive operations in this function, as it may cause performance problems.
- Hint type
- Hint Activity
- Activity associated with this hint node. Various parts of the NPC AI play this activity at times. i.e. Actbusy nodes will play this activity when an NPC acts busy on the node.
- Node FOV
- Imagine this node requires that an NPC be in the node's field of view in order to use this hint.
- 45 : 45 Degrees
- 90 : 90 Degrees
- 180 : 180 Degrees
- 360 : 360 Degrees
- Start Hint Disabled
- Spawn the hint disabled.
- Hint Group
- If specified, gives the hint a specific group name. Useful for hint nodes that need to be logically grouped together. NPCs may also refuse to use hint nodes that don't match their hint group.
- Target node
- The node ID of an associated target node, if any.
- Ignore Facing
- Don't pay attention to the facing of the node. May not apply to a given hint type.
- 0 : No
- 1 : Yes
- 2 : Default
- Minimum State
- Require an NPC have a minimum state to use the hint.
- 1 : Idle
- 2 : Alert
- 3 : Combat
- Maximum State
- Require an NPC have a maximum state to use the hint.
- 1 : Idle
- 2 : Alert
- 3 : Combat
- Node ID
- Read-only internal Hammer value.
- 65536 : Allow jump up
- Removes this entity from the world.
- Removes this entity and its children from the world. Note: Entities already remove orphaned children upon being removed, but this input removes all children on the same frame, being marginally faster than
- Adds a keyvalue/output to this entity. It can be potentially very dangerous, use with care.
<output name> <targetname>:<inputname>:<parameter>:<delay>:<max times to fire, -1 means infinite>
- Fire the
OnUseroutputs; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- Same as a player invoking +use; may not do anything depending on the entity. Can also be invoked by firing an output that does not specify an input.
- Execute a VScript file from disk, without file extension. The script contents are merged with the script scope of the receiving entity.
- Execute a string of VScript source code in the scope of the entity receiving the input. String quotation may be needed when fired via console. Bug: In , the code is executed in the script scope of the entity that fires the output, not the one receiving the input.Warning: Never try to pass string parameters to a script function with this input. It will corrupt the VMF structure because of the nested quotation marks, which then must be removed manually with a text editor.
- Execute a VScript function in the scope of the receiving entity.
- Send this entity to a spot in the map. If the entity is parented to something, it will be offset from the parent by this amount.
- Set this entity's angles.
- Enable hint.
- Disable hint.
- These outputs each fire in response to the firing of the like-numbered
FireUser4Input; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- This output fires when the entity is killed and removed from the game.