info_ladder_dismount is a point entity available in all Source games.
It sets the dismount points for ladders in Half-Life 2 and Half-Life 2: Deathmatch. When the player is on a ladder, near an
info_ladder_dismount, and facing it, he can press his use key to dismount into the position of the
info_ladder_dismount. This entity also allows the player to dismount a ladders endpoints by simply walking in the direction of the
- If multiple ladders are near multiple endpoints, use this to stop them from interfering with each other.
- Move with this entity. See Entity Hierarchy (parenting).
- Change this entity to attach to a specific attachment point on its parent. The entity will teleport so that the position of its root bone matches that of the attachment. Entities must be parented before being sent this input.
- As above, but without teleporting. The entity retains its position relative to the attachment at the time of the input being received.
- Removes this entity from the the movement hierarchy, leaving it free to move independently.