From Valve Developer Community
Character Setup Overview
- Describes how to prepare and compile a character for use in the Source engine, using the SOFTIMAGE|XSI Mod Tool.
Making Changes to Your Character Model
- Describes how to prepare models that you've modified, before re-exporting them in Source engine formats.
Rigging your Custom Character
- Describes how rigging works in XSI.
Weight Map Editing
- Describes how to make minor weight map corrections in XSI.
Character Textures and Materials
- Explains how the Source engine accesses textures, and how to structure your texture directories accordingly.
Character Facial Animation Shapekey Set
- Lists the facial animation shapekeys required by the Source engine (with images).
Eye Position Setup
- Explains how to manually get and format the eye position data required by the Source engine.