ai_ally_manager is a point entity available in the Half-Life 2 series. It monitors the number and type of
npc_citizen allies and responds accordingly. When this entity receives a
Replenish input, it will count the number of allies and send outputs based on how many allies are needed to match this entity's keyvalues. Also fires an output when all allies and/or all medics are dead.
- Outputs can be used for purposes aside from spawning more NPCs.
- More than one
- Won't count more than 10 allies.
|ConVar/Command||Parameters or default value||Descriptor||Effect|
|0 disables, 1 enables||Periodically prints the count of allies and medics to the console. Requires |
- Maximum number of allies (maxallies)
- Maximum number of allies.
- Maximum number of medics (maxmedics)
- Maximum number of allies that are medics.
- The classname defines the type of entity. Classnames can be changed using
AddOutput, which will influence how the engine deals with the entity in certain circumstances.
- The name that other entities refer to this entity by.
- Global Entity Name
- Name by which this entity is linked to another entity in a different map. When the player transitions to a new map, entities in the new map with globalnames matching entities in the previous map will have the previous map's state copied over their state.
- Specifies a movement parent. An entity will maintain its initial offset from its parent. An attachment point can be added to the end of the name, separated by a comma. Every entity can be parented, even point entities. Entities which are parented will be forced to transition to the next map, such as from a
trigger_transition. Some entities which aren't intended to be parented may not function correctly.
phys_constraintcan be used as a workaround to parenting.
- Origin (X Y Z)
- The position of this entity's center in the world. Rotating entities typically rotate around their origin.
- Pitch Yaw Roll (X Y Z)
- This entity's orientation in the world. Pitch is rotation around the Y axis, yaw is the rotation around the Z axis, roll is the rotation around the X axis.Note: This works on brush entities, although Hammer doesn't show the new angles.
- Toggles features of an entity, its specific number is determined by the combination of flags added.
- Response Contexts
- Pre-defined response system contexts for this entity. Format is
key:value,key:value,.... Contexts may be filtered.
- Combination of effect flags to use.
- Local Time
- The local time of the entity, independent of the global clock. Used mainly for physics calculations.
- Next Think
- Amount of time before the entity thinks again.
- Hammer ID
- The entity's Hammer ID. Mainly used by plugins and debugging commands, such as
ent_keyvalue. Can be manually assigned with the "hammerid" or "id" keyvalue. Entities spawned at run-time are not assigned any Hammer ID.
- Set maximum number of allies.
- Set maximum number of medic allies.
- Spawn more allies as requested by the keyvalues.
- Removes this entity and any entities parented to it from the world.
- Functions the same as
Kill, although this entity and any entities parented to it are killed on the same frame, being marginally faster than
- Move with this entity. See Entity Hierarchy (parenting).
- Change this entity to attach to a specific attachment point on its parent. The entity will teleport so that the position of its root bone matches that of the attachment. Entities must be parented before being sent this input.
- As above, but without teleporting. The entity retains its position relative to the attachment at the time of the input being received.
- Removes this entity from the the movement hierarchy, leaving it free to move independently.
- Evaluates a keyvalue/output on this entity.
<output name> <targetname>:<inputname>:<parameter>:<delay>:<max times to fire, -1 means infinite>
- Fire the
OnUseroutputs; see User Inputs and Outputs.
- Same as a player invoking +use; may not do anything. Can also be invoked by creating an output that does not specify an input.
This input is not included in Valve's FGDs.
- Dispatches a special effect from the entity's origin. Removed and replaced entirely by the particle system since .
- Dispatches a response to the entity. See Response and Concept.
- Adds to the entity's list of response contexts. Format is
- Remove a context from this entity's list. The name should match the key of an existing context.
- Removes all contexts from this entity's list.
- Fired when there are no more allies.
- Fired when there are no more medics left.
- Fired when allies 0 to 9 spawn.
- Fired when a medic ally spawns.
- These outputs each fire in response to the firing of the like-numbered
FireUser4Input; see User Inputs and Outputs.