VGUI Builder problem
I'm trying to create a PropertyDialog with several PropertyPages. I can display it fine, but I can't seem to get the VGUI builder displayed to edit my controls. Has anyone done this before?
You should edit the pages on a regular panel, then use those as the res files—ts2do 14:45, 27 Dec 2006 (PST)
- Thanks for the tip. Here's what I understand so far. The PropertyDialog manages a list of Panels and each Panel will have it's own .res file. Will the PropertyDialog have it's own .res file too? Also, I created a class derived off of Panel but was unable to edit it via the VGUI builder. I could do it when I derived off of Frame though. Reacher 08:39, 28 Dec 2006 (PST)
- I meant to say Frame xD...well, the PropertyDialog does not need its own res...if you want to make a frame with custom stuff on it, I think there's a way to do that with PropertyPanel or something like that—ts2do 11:48, 29 Dec 2006 (PST)
- I managed to get it working. I did make a .res file for the PropertyDialog, to just setup an initial position and size, but I guess it would work without one. My main concern was why the VGUI builder was not being displayed. Then I saw the ActivateBuildMode() implementation for PropertyDialog and it suppresses the builder if there are no EditablePanels contained within the dialog. Reacher 12:32, 29 Dec 2006 (PST)
VGUI Event Messaging
We are making a whiteboard application in our mod. This is like the whiteboard in NetMeeting, a drawing pad that all clients can see and use. It should work just like NetMeeting's whiteboard: one user draws a line or types in some text, and all other users can see the changes. The Event Messaging in VGUI would be an ideal way to propagate the changes to all the clients.
Say a client draws a line on his whiteboard (the data for the line could be as simple as 4 integers, 2 points for the start, 2 for the end). This data would need to be sent to the server, then posted to the other clients whiteboard panels (presumably with PostActionSignal). Would a Logical Entity on the server be good for handling this traffic? Reacher 09:25, 4 Jan 2007 (PST)
- I know this is a bit old, but it seems like a good solution. --Sortie 22:45, 5 Feb 2007 (PST)
- Thanks for the input. Unfortunately, I've been pulled off this project so the other developer will have to take over :D.--Reacher 09:46, 6 Feb 2007 (PST)
Could not load library client
My HL2MP mod runs fine on my laptop, but when I copied it to my PC, I'm getting this error. I've rebuilt the client and server and still get the error. I even created a new mod with the same name and replaced the files, still no dice. Any ideas?--Reacher 13:31, 5 Feb 2007 (PST)
- I found the problem. I failed to move over a 3rd party DLL we use. All is well now.--Reacher 15:51, 5 Feb 2007 (PST)