I'm New to the SDK Editor, and have a rudimentory question. How do you add a second room to a previous room, ie, a room that joins a hallway? I've worked with other editors and just now getting into the Hammer Editor. Any help?
- I remember seeing a tutorial on exactly that, but I can't find it anymore. The short form is:
- Create both rooms
- Create a brush that represents the volume of the hallway. It must overlap one wall of each room, because it represents what we want to cut out off those walls.
- Use the Carve Tool to remove that volume from the two room walls.
- Use four brushes to create the hallway.
- —Maven (talk) 07:43, 4 Oct 2005 (PDT)