User talk:Brad Newsom
Have you asked Valve about selling this on Steam or are you planning on selling it on Steam?—ts2do 19:24, 14 Apr 2006 (PDT)
- We are admist a quarell, which either we should sell on steam or publish it through our own means of publishing. In my opinion, we should should side with valve and sell it on Steam, mainly because it will cut a lot of costs. We will be contacting valve about this in the next month or so. --Brad Newsom 19:34, 14 Apr 2006 (PDT)
Well...if possible: just remember to remove the Category:Source mods categorization and remove AlphaModSmall when this happens...then you can categorize it under Category:Official Source Games—ts2do 19:39, 14 Apr 2006 (PDT)
- Ok, I'll do that when the time comes. Thanks for the help. --Brad Newsom 20:02, 14 Apr 2006 (PDT)
Don't you want the mailto link for your address?—ts2do 20:31, 14 Apr 2006 (PDT)
- I thought it had the mailto in it. Hmmm, I must've accidentally removed it. Already fixed. --Brad Newsom 20:33, 14 Apr 2006 (PDT)
Creating Rock Textures
Just a quick note before you get started: following on from a recent discussion we had here, the naming convention would be to call your tutorial "Rock Textures Creation", instead of "Creating Rock Textures". Giles 13:22, 20 Apr 2006 (PDT)
Very good contribution for your first week!—ts2do 19:48, 20 Apr 2006 (PDT)
I don't mean any offense here, it's always good when you want to contribute to the wiki. However, there are some significant shortcomings in the tut I'd like to point out:
- Using Google Image Search is, in the way you showed to use it, most likely illegal. You treated the texture like it's public domain. Most pictures found there are not! You would have to make sure that you are allowed to use it, that is, getting permission from the copyright holder. There are also free texture ressource sites which legally offer textures (sometimes you got to credit them for their work though).
- the tutorial is sharing lot's of content with other articles! That is: Normal Maps, 3DSMax VTF plugin, Material. If you remove the content that either already is or should be descriped in other places, not much would be left. It is an ongoing effort of this community to merge articles, as you might have noticed. If someone searches for information, he should find one place where everything is explained in detail. We don't want the reader to browse through several articles until he finds what he is looking for.
- The styling... looks good, but it's agreed that the main pages (not mod or user pages) should stick to the standard layout for ease of use.
- Images should have some better names than Screen#.jpg Remember that a lot of people are uploading images here, so names that fit to the tutorial / topic are prefered
I don't mean to discourage you at all! It's just that the wiki works a little different than tutorial pages do... --Vaarscha 14:13, 20 Apr 2006 (PDT)
I have to agree with your criticism. Thankfully, this is a wiki, therefore the community has the ability to improve and change the tutorials for the best possible correctness. Thanks for bring this to my attention though. This was my first tutorial. :) --Brad Newsom 17:58, 20 Apr 2006 (PDT)
- Just Fixed up the tutorial to suit the public better. Hope it goes by the rules now. :) --Brad Newsom 18:18, 20 Apr 2006 (PDT)
Hello there! Is this mod still under development? --Etset 03:01, 29 Jan 2008 (PST)