Template:KV Source 2 LightProbeVolume
From Valve Developer Community
- Light Probe Texture (lightprobetexture)
- Name of the light probe texture.
- Tip:This is normally assigned by the light baker and does not need to be manually set.
- Box Mins (box_mins)
- Minimum bounds. Set by dragging the controls of the entity with the Hammer Select tool.
- Box Maxs (box_maxs)
- Maximum bounds. Set by dragging the controls of the entity with the Hammer Select tool.
- Voxel Size (voxel_size)
- Size of the light probe voxels in game units.
- 12.0 - Very High Resolution
- 24.0 - High Resolution
- 48.0 - Medium Resolution
- 108.0 - Low Resolution
- Tip:This keyvalue is not limited to the presets, other values can be set with the Raw Edit mode.
- Ignore Unreachable Space (flood_fill)
- To do: Possibly uses adjacent lit samples to fill out any samples that aren't visible to any lights.
- Calculate Diffuse Lighting Using Cubemap (light_probe_volume_from_cubemap)
- Uses cubemaps instead of the light mapper directly to generate the light probes.
- Note:This can speed up light baking by a significant amount, but can generate incorrect lighting in areas not directly visible to the cubemap origin.
- Storage (storage)
- Texture format to store the light probes as.
- -1 - Default
- 0 - AmbientCube RGBM8888 Uncompressed
- 1 - AmbientCube RGBMDXT5 Compressed