What is Glview? Why does "Glview" redirect here? Has somebody deleted the primary article about it? --Andreasen 10:35, 15 Sep 2007 (PDT)
- The history for the page "Glview" shows that the redirection was done by Ts2do in December 2005. --Jurgen Knops 11:54, 15 Sep 2007 (PDT)
- I can find much information about glview at Optimization (Geometry) and Controlling Geometry Visibility and Compile Times (which are poorly constructed pages too). We should seriously consider merging these three pages to create a stand-alone glview page. I'm a sucker for easy-to-read step-by-step instructions though, so don't let the merge destroy the information on Using glview. --Andreasen 09:19, 16 Sep 2007 (PDT)
The switch for glview's .exe to get the visleafs to show seems to be -portal, not -portals. At least for orange box. Is this just me or should an edit be made? --NicoleBee 00:14, 18 Feb 2008 (PST)
- From what I can find it is -portals for EP1, one should check it for real before editing? Here's the old VERC documentation --Peter [AGHL] 01:12, 18 Feb 2008 (PST)
- Hmm looks like the correct command is in fact -portal (singular not plural) at least for ep1 that is, I have tested this on my installation.
- Interesting you can toggle between different modes in glview using the keyboard eg key 1, 2, p, l, b ..., I'd say about time for some changes to the glview docs?
- I have these commandline parameters
- -disp - a bit weird
- -speed - disables WASD
- -leafhighlight - no effect
- -portalhighlight - red line in one portal
- -portal - highlights portals using a white line, toogle by numeric key 2
- --Peter [AGHL] 13:40, 18 Feb 2008 (PST)
- Collecting bits'n'piceses ...
- From at compile log I found at fpsbanana
- "Leaf 580 (portal 630) with too many portals. Use vbsp -glview to compile, then glview -portal -portalhighlight X or -leafhighlight L to view the problem."
- I'll assume this means
- glview -portal -portalhighlight 630
- glview -portal -leafhighlight 580
- --Peter [AGHL] 10:16, 19 Feb 2008 (PST)
- Hmm some more stuff from cstrike-planet.com
- Drive:\path\glview.exe -portal X -portalhighlight $patj\$file.gl
- --Peter [AGHL] 10:54, 19 Feb 2008 (PST)