Talk:Swarm Mod wizard complete

From Valve Developer Community
Jump to: navigation, search

Error With Visual Studio 2010

When opening the swarm_sdk_server.vcproj the Visual Studio 2010 Project Upgrade Wizard the project doesn't get converted. It says that there are invalid characters in path. No problems with other projects. I'm going to convert them using Visual Studio 2008 then with Visual Studio 2010.

--Gravity_0 13:23, 20 July 2010 (UTC)

I'm having the exact same problem as you, Gravity. Did you get it to work after converting through 2008 then 2010? Even with the other files, I still get lots of "warnings".
--Enthalpy 19:33, 20 July 2010 (UTC)
Exact same problem (illegal characters in path) here with Visual Studio 2010 Express, on Vista. I've moved it to the simplest path I can manage and trawled through the .vcproj file, but there's so much stuff in there I can't find out what it might be choking on. I'll try 2008 -> 2010 now, and report back.
-- Darloth 19:52, 20 July 2010 (UTC)
Conversion to 2008 works fine, but 2010 still doesn't like it, same reason :(
-- Darloth 22:02, 20 July 2010 (UTC)
I have tried to convert it to 2008 and then to 2010 but I still have the same issue.
--Gravity_0 05:48, 21 July 2010 (UTC)
I can confirm the solution did NOT convert for me with visual studio 2010 but DID work with visual studio 2008. I have compiled and run. <br\> --Xskinyx 16:00, 21 July 2010 (UTC)
Tested also with this night updated SDK. Same issue
--Gravity_0 23:52, 21 July 2010 (UTC)
As per Kobata's instructions on SPUF: It's not too hard to manually fix: Open the .vsproj file in a text editor, go to line 2232, and remove the "' $File" stuff from the file name. It's only that one messed up file name that screws up VS2010's converter. Bruwin 03:28, 22 July 2010 (UTC)
Bruwin: Worked fine. I'm going to update VDC. --Gravity_0 09:37, 23 July 2010 (UTC)

I go to the directory C:\src\game\server to find the file, but which file extension is it? -- Supernova Nexus 20:36, 23 December 2014 (UTC)

Error With Spaces In Mod Name

I had spaces in my mod name but the folder it created did not have spaces so the name of the localization file was incorrect. Also in the section for setting up visual studio for debugging, I had to use the non-space version of my mod name (folder name).
--Xskinyx 18:13, 21 July 2010 (UTC)

asw_medal_store.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: char const * __thiscall CSteamID::Render(void)const "

Added a temporary fix for this issue, the steam api libraries with the sdk aren't up to date it would seem. --psycommando 18:42, 3 August 2010 (UTC)

Removed it, it's fixed, and the fix was overkill. --psycommando 19:59, 29 August 2010 (UTC)