Talk:Portal:Env Fire fix
- Actually, I think it would be good to include a mention to NocturnalGhost over at ThinkingWithPortals. He posted the fix on the forums; I just wrote up the history and packaged the fix. My deep thanks for the mention and putting this up here though, Kizzy.--WinstonSmith 00:07, 29 December 2009 (UTC)
Uh, Kizzy, I just noticed something. Looking through the revisions, you put up a Cleanup tag, saying that you think someone might find the page of low quality. I'm going to point out here that you don't tag a page saying someone ELSE might find the page of low quality, YOU fix the items that may be thought low quality. If there's nothing low quality that you can find, don't tag the page. If you have any suggestions as to what may be low quality, feel free to pop them up here, or better yet fix 'em yourself. For now, Cleanup tag removed.--WinstonSmith 02:59, 31 January 2010 (UTC)
- well, people hate my edits. what do I have to do to keep the peace? I am trying my best, but I still get yelled at by everyone here. Kizzycocoa 09:11, 31 January 2010 (UTC)
ALLRIGHT! I'm going to take the opportunity RIGHT NOW to cut this off at the stem. I love watching a good flame war as much as the next dev, but honestly, that's not what's at issue here. Kizzy, people don't hate your modifications. People hate it when pages are completely redone or wiped clean and restarted without any prior discussion whatsoever. Do you have any suggestions as to what may be considered low-quality on this page? If so, please, don't hesitate for an iota of a second to post them here, and things can be fixed. If you don't, however, then there's no reason to keep a preempively-posted Cleanup tag on there.--WinstonSmith 20:13, 31 January 2010 (UTC)
- I AM NOT ARGUING WITH THAT AT ALL!!!!!
- not nice to see people yell, huh? :/
- I was merely saying that for him to go to a
wiki pageany page of mine and approve would be unlike him.
- I am not arguing about this at all. I am not asking for anything to do with this page to change at all.
- anyway, we should stop this before a flame war actually DOES ensue. Kizzycocoa 11:14, 1 February 2010 (UTC)
You Don't Really Need it....
I don't really think that the Env_fire entity is necessary because there is already a particle effect for fire. Just add an
info_particle_system and change it's Particle Name to fire_large_02, fire_large_01, etc. But it might be necessary; it depends on what the other guys think. --Nathaniel 14:47, 6 November 2010 (UTC)
- Yes, that's true, but adding the particle effect doesn't create the area in which the player is hurt; it's easier to just add the env_fire. I'm not sure the "Size" keyvalue works in Portal, and I don't know if sound plays by default with the entity in any game, but it's a bit simpler and clearer with the fix.--WinstonSmith 04:20, 14 November 2010 (UTC)