Talk:Hammer Hotkey Reference
Went through the list today, and I wasn't able to use these key commands:
F6 || Cycles to the next active viewport. Shift+F6 || Cycles to the previous active viewport.
- Neither F6 nor Shift+F6 seemed to do anything
- 2D Views
Ctrl+Shift+B || Snap selected objects to grid (individually).
- There didn't seem to be any difference between this and Ctrl+B
+/- || Zoom in/out (hold Ctrl to synchronize all 2D views).
- The number pad +/- worked, but not the regular keys
- Camera Tool
Shift or Alt || Hold Shift or Alt and click and drag left mouse button to create a new camera.
- Shift worked, but not Alt
- Overlay Tool
Shift || Hold Shift and drag a overlay vertex to snap it to another vertex.
- I'm not exactly sure what this is supposed to do, doesn't seem to be doing anything.
I tested these shortcuts with the SDK Beta Candidate of the Orange Box Hammer editor (build 4515) using the TF2 preconfig. If I'm missing something, I'm all for an explanation of the proper use, but if know one knows or they are indeed broken, I'll plan on commented out the entries to avoid any future frustrations. --brandished 08:47, 2 May 2009 (UTC)
- I just confirmed that the invalid hotkeys were indeed incorrect and the overlay/object snapping were misunderstandings on my part and have since gone ahead and updated the article. --brandished 02:03, 14 May 2009 (UTC)
On my computer, the here. It does something else instead. I have to go to Tools>>Make Hollow in the menu to hollow a brush. Would someone tell me why the hollow hotkey doesn't work? --Nathaniel 00:43, 19 October 2010 (UTC)shortcut doesn't hollow out objects like it is said
- Wow. You're right: MossyBucket (formerly Andreasen) 01:46, 19 February 2011 (UTC) seems to instead delete everything but the selected objects. Nasty shortcut - save your map before trying that. --
We should make each section a table that is collapsed by default to make this page a lot easier to work with, read and comprehend.
PinothyJ 01:56, 25 August 2011 (PDT)…