Talk:Func reflective glass
When the hell did this get introduced? I just came across it today. >.< Ep2 enhancements? And is it based on primarily the same reflection style as the water? Seems so because of the restriction on water/mirror placement. --Spektre1 23:48, 20 Jan 2008 (PST)
- Tried running a search through Google and found some information. I believe it's only available in the OrangeBox engine games (not sure if all of them support it, but it seems like it). Of course in HL2 EP2 since there is no player model, the mirror won't show the player. Search around and experiment with it! :) --Etset 03:12, 21 Jan 2008 (PST)
In Hammer for counter strike:source I have found a entity "Func_reflective_glass". How I can use this entity in CS:S? Sorry, my English is bad:)
- You can't use it in CS:S. It's only available for games that run on the Orange Box version of Source. --Darthkillyou 16:11, 18 Dec 2008 (PST)
I found three search results but they are all broken?
- Func_reflective_glass Turorial ?
- Using func_reflective_glass Tutorial (This is a Tutorial)
- New entity: func_reflective_glass
--Pizzahut 03:39, 5 May 2008 (PDT)
New User Edit
I've tried to use the func_reflective_glass entity in one of my maps but the console says that it is an unrecognised entity. I've got a map from Eyeclan.net called dm_lostarena which has a couple of panes of glass that reflect the map in realtime (or appear to do so). How can it be rendered in this map if I can't create one of my own? Also I don't have the reflective glass texture one of the tuts talks about. Confused.
- Dm_lostarena actually uses a breakable model which uses cubemaps to create a reflection, this is a normal feature with most reflective models/materials.
- This is affected by adding "$envmap" "env_cubemap" into the .vmt file. However this would make this extremely shiny so put a mask in that will dull the shinyness "$envmapmask" "filename".
- !!MIRRORS/REFLECTIONS CAN NEVER SHOW THE PLAYER IN A SOURCE GAME!!
Left 4 Dead
Can you see yourself using this is Left 4 Dead? I know now that you can see parts of your playermodel, IE, looking down and seeing your feet, the Boomer can see his belly. I'll check it out when I get home, but has anyone tried it since? --CorporalAris 20:29, 27 February 2009 (UTC)
Left 4 dead uses special animated models so then the players can see their own body/feet, I don't know whether you would be able to see yourself in the mirror though, need to check it out. -Actually no, there is no camera/monitor entity and all reflections made by water are formed from cubemaps. It just occured to me, you can see yourself in 3rd person and while your healing yourself!
With the new features Garry's Mod brought in since it's Steam release, players can now see themselves including anything else another player would be able to see on their body (PAC3 and any other kind of player customization addon). --Marcos42563