Just made a simple map with this, and it doesn't seem to work. Not sure if I did it wrong, or just that this entity doesn't exist. Can somebody verify this? --AzraelUK 23:01, 15 Oct 2007 (PDT)
I've created an example map to show how this can be used.
- Added it to the article. But since VMF is binary and "opens" right in the browser, how about zipping it instead? --Tourorist 06:33, 18 Nov 2007 (PST)
- The map isn't loading for me for some reason. Exactly how do I select what the "other portal" is? You can't choose the name of the other portal. This article is rather ... vague. —Yar Kramer 19:02, 17 Jun 2008 (PDT)
- ... ah, that's why the VMF isn't loading: it's a 404 error. —Yar Kramer 19:13, 17 Jun 2008 (PDT)
What's a scenario where this would be used? --volt 05:19, 24 Nov 2007 (PST)
What's portal liquid? --Darthkillyou 18:16, 3 Dec 2007 (PST)
Maybe it's hazard liquid? --Koops 11:26, 7 November 2010 (UTC)
- It's not, its simply an unused and unfinished brush entity. --Omnicoder 11:55, 7 November 2010 (UTC)
- So should we add a bug notice to the article saying it doesn't work? Thelonesoldier 12:05, 7 November 2010 (UTC)
Missing Texture fix
Just took some time figuring out how to get this thing working visually if you're getting a large missing texture plane when using it: Basically, just set "mat_queue_mode" to 2 in the console, and it should work. The entity seems to use glass/glasswindow_refract01 by default, and I'm not sure if it's possible to override it, so if you're using it in a mod, make sure you also have that material.