Talk:First Person Ragdolls
GOOD JOB ~ THANK YOU ~ --Test 08:03, 5 Oct 2006 (PDT)
- Yeah, that sounds like something I'd really like to see on servers. --Andreasen 08:17, 5 Oct 2006 (PDT)
- I also want to make the first person ragdoll when the player is alive. -- Rookie
The video links at the bottom are now dead. Does anyone have the originals somewhere? --DaveFP 21:43, 15 Jul 2007 (PDT)
Full Body Awareness
I wonder if anyone has ever tried doing this. It sounds like a very nice feature. Has any MOD in the past sucessfully done FBA (similar to FEAR?), if so I'd be very interested in researching into the subject.
- If you mean than when you look down you see your body, yes, I did try something similar but it really didn't work well at all. I drew the players third person model instead of the v_model but it was very jerky and when you look around, rather than just moving the head the whole model would rotate. So it may be possible but it would require a heck of a lot of re-coding to get it to work right and some very careful animation to make the held weapons work and look as good as the normal v_models IMHO --Wunderboy 04:11, 4 Dec 2007 (PST)
- Can't you just have the body model connected to your View Model? and then code the animations in? --Frostbite 12:42, 4 Dec 2007 (PST)
- I am wondering if I could somehow use elements from this article Third Person Camera and Ironsights with Adding a Scope to simulate this. All I really need is for the player view yaw to be restricted (so he can't look straight down into his neck) and somehow tie a model to the players movement. I know that in CS the basic animations are tied to a player's character so he can be rendered to other players on the same level. If I could somehow create this in SP and then work the model removing most of the upper torso and head, then tweaking the weapon v_models so they would be more believable with the player's body. I belive I could simulate the player having legs and a full body that way. - Arhurt 13:48, 4 Dec 2007 (PST)
- Portal has some way to render the player model as well, I wonder if some bits of code there might be useful.
Would it be possible to do this in single player? I've followed the Fixing the Player Animation State tutorial to get a third person camera complete with ragdoll deaths, but I want this in first person. Personally, I think getting shot, and watching your character topple over from his perspective would be much more immersive. The basic idea would be something like Black Mesa's deathcam feature, but with your character visible. --SpaceGlitchUK 11:43, 20 October 2012 (PDT)