I just finished this mod, and while it's pretty alright, it had a few shortcomings:
- This mod shows what will inevitably happen when the lighting is 100% quadratic instead of 100% linear: Glare everywhere. Changing just one setting could have done a lot for this mod.
- Many sections looked cut and pasted. It felt like the player couldn't escape one generic level.
- The cubemaps weren't set, or if they were, they were set in very weirdly lit environments. It's not just "Doom glare" - you can even spot the purple checkered texture in some cubemaps.
- The encounters happened in groups that pretty much charged at you all at once. 6 guys, then nothing, then 8 guys, then nothing. You learned where to expect them after awhile, and could lie in wait for them every time you activated a trigger. (The game was still pretty hard, though.)
- The audio logs were very hard to listen to, partly because of an overall low volume often competing with in-game music, but also because the voiceactors were clearly sitting down when speaking, so they were always calm and almost mumbling.
- The main protagonists in the logs were 17 and 23 years old. One of them was the CEO of a huge company, and the other one lead an open revolt against the former. ...and one of them had the audacity to refer to some other people as "teenagers". I even think one of them was the FATHER of the other. Hopefully I mistook "age" for "years of service".
- Whenever I encounter a "corporate schemes" plot as thick as this, I think "Bioshock", and then suddenly I'm in Rapture.
--MossyBucket (formerly Andreasen) 06:16, 9 February 2011 (UTC)
- Just reading the article made me think "Bioshock knockoff" and lose interest. Thelonesoldier 07:00, 9 February 2011 (UTC)